Motala setlist - some great surprises!!!

Hello everyone,

I was at the Motala Metal Festival yesterday. And I was really surprised by the setlist dt played, there were some songs not played for a long time or even never played before. So, if you want to be surprised on the upcoming tour, don't read on...

The setlist yesterday evening was:

1 The Treason Wall
2 Lost To Apathy
3 The New Build
4 The Wonders At Your Feet
5 Damage Done
6 Senses Tied (never before)
7 Indifferent Suns (not for 3 years, if I recall correctly)
8 FreeCard (not for ??? - 3 years as well I think)
9 Zodijackyl Light
10 Out Of Nothing (never before)
11 To A Bitter Halt (not for ages...)
12 Punish my Heaven
13 Hours passed in Exile
14 My Negation
15 Final Resistance

Great, isn't it? Pics will be online soon on my page (I'm afraid that they are bad... But will have a look soon) and a report will follow sooner or later... in some years or something.

yeah real cool setlist
to a bitter halt is really a surprise, one of my faves ever!
but I would like to see them play more good old tracks like of chaos and eternal night, edenspring, on your time or dreamlore generate

Schwedentod said:
rahvin: Sure about this? I can't remember it (saw them on the 1st tour - we're both talking about the one with Kreator?!? - twice and read some setlists here). And Niklas told me afterwards that they never played them before...

i definitely remember out of nothing being played in front of my eyes. as for senses tied, i love that song and i remember being happy knowing they included it in their setlist, but i might have just read about it instead of verifying personally. and sorry if it seemed i wanted to rain on your parade: the presence of these songs is definitely an event worthy of mention.

Oh my fucking god!!! I would be so happy to hear the entire setlist + maybe "Am I]?"

But at least that setlist looks as come-true-dream :headbang:

Doesn't anybody have bootleg?

Schwedentod said:
Hello everyone,

I was at the Motala Metal Festival yesterday. And I was really surprised by the setlist dt played, there were some songs not played for a long time or even never played before. So, if you want to be surprised on the upcoming tour, don't read on...

The setlist yesterday evening was:

1 The Treason Wall
2 Lost To Apathy
3 The New Build
4 The Wonders At Your Feet
5 Damage Done
6 Senses Tied (never before)
7 Indifferent Suns (not for 3 years, if I recall correctly)
8 FreeCard (not for ??? - 3 years as well I think)
9 Zodijackyl Light
10 Out Of Nothing (never before)
11 To A Bitter Halt (not for ages...)
12 Punish my Heaven
13 Hours passed in Exile
14 My Negation
15 Final Resistance

Great, isn't it? Pics will be online soon on my page (I'm afraid that they are bad... But will have a look soon) and a report will follow sooner or later... in some years or something.
Needs more chaos and eternal night.

They played it on the previous tour, on MOST dates; obviously not in Stockholm where I went. Grr. If I get to hear this song live I will die a happy man

Some nice surprises there, indeed - especially To a Bitter Halt.

And now we know why DT avoid playing Of Chaos and Eternal Night in Scandinavia: the band is afraid Erik might perish away from sheer happiness if he happens to hear/see the song played live. :p

Seriously, though, they should play OCaEN once again. Even though I never liked that song much on the album, it appears a great live-song (especially on the World Domination Live).

Hopefully I'll get to see them again next year, as I have no time to go and see them on this tour.

-Villain

OK, guys, the pics are online now! As usual on my page, in the "The Band"-section. Unfortunately they are not too good but they give at least some impressions. It's 40 dt-pics altogether, hope you can enjoy at least some of them...

@Nico: Sure you can! :) :wave:

Villain said:
Hopefully I'll get to see them again next year, as I have no time to go and see them on this tour.

Same here, since I'm in Sweden until christmas and back in Germany from the 23rd or something... That's why I went to Motala. ;)