Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Phil Collins Top Vote for RnR HOF

VoltronLions

Sep 10, 2002
nj usa
www.ebay.com
https://www.cleveland.com/entertain...in-rock-halls-voice-your-choice-fan-vote.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Since the start of the year, Blink-182 has led the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame’s in-museum “Voice Your Choice” fan vote. But a new contender has emerged.

Motley Crue overtook first place in the kiosk-driven voting this weekend. The popular ‘80s metal band has been surging since the release of “The Dirt” on Netflix in March.

Whether or not this is of great importance depends on how much you believe the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation in New York, which runs the Inductions.

Stevie Nicks earned a nomination (and induction) after leading “Voice Your Choice” in 2018. (This is not to be confused with the annual online Fan Vote that takes place once the nominees have been revealed).

The Foundation has insisted that Nicks winning the vote had nothing to do with her nomination. Though, it does seem like a strange coincidence since she’d never been nominated before as a solo artist.

Blink-182 could move back into first place when a ton of pop-punk fans flock to the museum this summer for the Warped Tour 25th anniversary concert on June 8. The top-10 as of this past Sunday is as follows:

Motley Crue

Blink-182

Iron Maiden

Dave Matthews Band

Weezer

Freddie Mercury (Solo)

Cher

Phil Collins (Solo)

Rage Against the Machine

Boston

Iron Maiden and Phil Collins are my top Choices in this list I know Phil is in there with Genesis but has had such a massive solo career, Freddy Mercury already in with Queen.

According to Nikki Suxx or Tommy (I don't remember which) MC were told they would never get voted in because of their behaviour in the 80's/ Looks like releasing such media statements with no evidence to back it up has got them over the line.

Didn't Bruce Dickinson also recently say he wouldn't accept the award if offered?