Motley FOOL/Don't buy their dvds

bt9x

Feb 28, 2003
northeast
Visit site
i am really surprised with news of Nikki Sixx's actions the last few months.
he has a problem with Poison and Godsmack and now he assaults a fan for bootlegging July 30,2011 Frederick,MD show.

he has lost my respect-he is on a total media chasing,spotlight grabbing ego trip.

the first 4 Crue albums(no umlauts on purpose)will remain near and dear to my heart as the perceived classics they are.

another once cool dude gone to "rock" star trippin'

as far as the bootleg-good-i'm glad

the last 4 Crue official dvds have the worst vocals Vince has ever done

my 1986 Tacoma,WA is lightyears ahead of the official releases

i love my bootlegs so fo and bust me Nikki-i once looked up to you

I loved the Circus tour DVD from 04 (whatever it was called - Carnival of Sins or something?). I saw them a few days before that show and I thought they sounded fantastic. Vince sounds great on that DVD and he sounded damn fine when I saw them as well.

Freaking out over bootlegging is bullshit. For me, bootlegs only make me want to see a band even more, and he obviously knows nothing about the Grateful Dead bootlegging ethos that made that band as famous and beloved as they are.

Talking shit about your opener probably isn't a smart idea. Then again, I'm not going to see them on this tour, so what do I care?

forget dvd's. stop buying their albums. the last time they sounded like they cared about making music was generation swine.

I hated Generation Swine. I haven't particularly liked anything they've done since the 1994 S/T album, beyond the odd single here and there they've released.

the 1994 S/T was the beset album they ever did. i liked generation swine in hindsight after hearing new tattoo and S.O.L.A. which just seems like they are trying to remake past songs. at least generation swine showed a band still looking ahead in music. generation swine would have been better in the label didn't make them get vince back and drop corabi. seems like that caused a lot of tension in the band since sixx has gone on record as saying they never wanted vince back. maybe thats why tommy lee left the band in the late 90's

I thought SOLA was great (unlike New Tattoo which was horrible). Lots of musicians are jerks, so I try not to let that factor in to whether I like the music or not.

I thought SOLA was great (unlike New Tattoo which was horrible). Lots of musicians are jerks, so I try not to let that factor in to whether I like the music or not.

the title track to SOLA sounded like a remake of a tune from the dr feelgood album and the rest sounded like modern rock