Motorhead/COC

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
My ears are still ringing from last night's show. Fuck, it was awesome!

The two openers, Damn 13 and Three Inches of Blood, were both new to me, but I will definately have to check out more of their stuff, as they kicked some serious ass.

The only problem with COC was that the set was too short, but it killed. They played 3 of my 4 favortie tracks off of the new album, including opening with Paranoid Opioid, Stonebreaker, and closing with In the Arms of God. The kicker was playing Fuel as the second last song...it's my all-time favorite song, but I did not expect them to play it, so I fuckin' went nuts.

I was exhausted and spent by the time Motorhead hit the stage, but their not known as the loudest band on Earth for no reason, so it didn't take long to catch my second wind. Being their 30th anniversary tour, they mainly focussed on older stuff, but did play 3 tunes off Inferno (if you don't have it yet, what the fuck are you waiting for?), including Killers, In the Name of Tradgedy, and surprisingly included Whorehouse Blues as one of the encores. I gotta say two things: (1) Mickey Dee gives Charlie a run for his money for best drummer. (2) While Lemmy looks good for 58, he is one ugly mother. If Motorhead had just been starting their career now, in this age of pretty looks trumping any semblance of talent, they never would have made it. But 30 years later, they're still rocking hard and putting out good music to loyal fans. Let's see if anyone remembers who Britney Spears or 50 Cent is in 30 years. :headbang:

nafnikufesin said:
My ears are still ringing from last night's show. Fuck, it was awesome!

The two openers, Damn 13 and Three Inches of Blood, were both new to me, but I will definately have to check out more of their stuff, as they kicked some serious ass.

The only problem with COC was that the set was too short, but it killed. They played 3 of my 4 favortie tracks off of the new album, including opening with Paranoid Opioid, Stonebreaker, and closing with In the Arms of God. The kicker was playing Fuel as the second last song...it's my all-time favorite song, but I did not expect them to play it, so I fuckin' went nuts.

I was exhausted and spent by the time Motorhead hit the stage, but their not known as the loudest band on Earth for no reason, so it didn't take long to catch my second wind. Being their 30th anniversary tour, they mainly focussed on older stuff, but did play 3 tunes off Inferno (if you don't have it yet, what the fuck are you waiting for?), including Killers, In the Name of Tradgedy, and surprisingly included Whorehouse Blues as one of the encores. I gotta say two things: (1) Mickey Dee gives Charlie a run for his money for best drummer. (2) While Lemmy looks good for 58, he is one ugly mother. If Motorhead had just been starting their career now, in this age of pretty looks trumping any semblance of talent, they never would have made it. But 30 years later, they're still rocking hard and putting out good music to loyal fans. Let's see if anyone remembers who Britney Spears or 50 Cent is in 30 years. :headbang:

Simply Crushing! Sounds like it was a great show!

AugDawg

I was at the show on Saturday in Calgary and it was absolutely amazing, my second favorite show of all time (first being Maiden/Dio/Motorhead in Montreal). COC's set could have been longer and as they are one of my all time fave bands there was a lot more songs I would have liked to hear but what they did play was incredible. This was my third time seeing Motorhead and it was the best time they have played. Crowd was nuts and my throat is so sore from screaming KILLED BY DEATH :headbang: So amazing to see this band perform so fucking great after all these years, why they are not one of the biggest bands in the world is beyond me.

Fucking Fuck Fuck!!!!!

Motorhead are supposed to be doin UK 30th anniversary shows with COC and aren't playin nern iron (N.Ireland). Motorheads not a bother cause seen them last year but COC aint been here since '94.

Fuck!

I hope they come to england too! Ive been a fan of COC since i was 14, and nobody would take me to see the tallica/COC tour :hotjump: I was pissed for months!
Motorhead alway have cool support Anthrax, sepultura and COC? who next? place bets now!

Grilschool are supporting Motorhead in the UK. I'd rather COC but it wont happen. I thought COC last played in 96?

richbristol said:
Grilschool are supporting Motorhead in the UK. I'd rather COC but it wont happen. I thought COC last played in 96?

Yeah, they played dublin in '96 with metallica, seen them that time too but they aint been to nern iron since Megadeth in '94.

Mikkey Dee on drums is total monster. To watch this guy live and not crap your pants is a serious problem.

johnnieCzech said:
Mikkey Dee on drums is total monster. To watch this guy live and not crap your pants is a serious problem.
Yeah good point!!!

NFF are your ears still crying from the pain? :D

Loved the Motorhead\COC show I went too.