MotW are the white Fishbone

Oded

Jan 26, 2003
Boston, U.S.
Visit site
They all appear to be playing horn instruments when they play live, even though only the trumpet player actually played one, and only in spirit does he play it now.
Byron's stage mannerisms terrify me. Sometimes he'll just freeze into one position and stare out into space, oblivious to the music being played around him. "Ehhhhr... fuck! I've forgotten the next verse. Now, I knew it had something to do with astral projection... or was it baked beans on toast?"
I am cool. I was there when MotW was in the infancy of its gigging days. I WAS BLOODY WELL THERE when you played at 9 in the morning in Asbury Park, right before some band named Long Winter's Stare, who had no bass player and ill-working monitors.
I demand payment for pretending to be a fan. I am human- do I need bleed when pricked? Do I not hear when spoken to, see when waved at?

Oh God, the trials and tribulations of attending a Long Winter's Stare performance.

(grungy awful power chord)
"Hey, I can't hear the drums in the monitors!"
(singing from woman who looks exactly like "Kathy with a 'K'" character from Kids in the Hall)
(sequenced drum thing)
(keyboards)
"Look, I know we suck but I can't hear the drums, Ok?"