Move over Geezer Butler and Steve Harris!!

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
There's a new bass master in town!!!
Maddie.jpg

:headbang:

Don't get me wrong, Harris is the reason I started playing bass, but once you get to a certain level of skill you start noticing who the big boys really are, and Harris tends to be a bit to pentatonic at times.
HOWEVER.....the thing that Harris has that no other bassist does is that if you look at the song list of every one of his albums, he has written 99% of the songs.

I must admit I am not familiar with all of DiGiorgio's output.

Is it wankery (Ala Billy Sheehan, Flea, etc..)?

Or does it complement technical playing perfectly (ala Harris)?

I must admit I am not familiar with all of DiGiorgio's output.

Is it wankery (Ala Billy Sheehan, Flea, etc..)?

Or does it complement technical playing perfectly (ala Harris)?

Check out Vintersorg's "A Focusing Blur" and Death's "Individual Thought Patterns"

Definitely not wankery. Steve is awesome.

yeah... there's a reason so many people want him to play in their band.

dont gorget that he may also be a nice guy and makes freinds easy and people like having him around.....sometimes talent has nothing to do with it.

Dont know the whole story but I know that Vintersorg didnt ask him to be on the last disc he put out. In an interview either party said why.

it is amazing how many disc this guy has played on.

dont gorget that he may also be a nice guy and makes freinds easy and people like having him around.....sometimes talent has nothing to do with it.

If a musician can't meet a band's quality standards, I highly doubt they'd let him play, regardless of how good of friends they are.

I'm also fairly certain that Steve didn't want to be on the new Vintersorg because it's not a style that he likes to play too much.

He played on Iced Earth's HORROR SHOW, correct?

I haven't followed DEATH's output since Leprosy.
Someday, I will go back and check out their albums I missed out on the first time around.

Someday, I will go back and check out their albums I missed out on the first time around.

He did play on Horror Show and was supposed to be the permanent/touring bass player, but backed out of his obligations with the band.

I would also suggest you check out Testament's "First Strike Still Deadly". It's the re-recording of their old tunes and Digiorgio plays on it as well. He also played on Testament's "The Gathering" which is a monster album IMO.