Movie topic -Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Anssi

The Journalist
Apr 17, 2001
Finland
Visit site
Has anyone seen this? It was a total laugh riot for me! Johnny Depp (and who was the other guy?) were excellent dope head journalists... :lol:

But to the point. I´m sure such a great movie has some fans on this bb and to those fans I would like to inform that you should introduce yourselves to a song called "Fun With Drugs" It´s a from a hard electro group called Velvet Acid Christ and contains samples from the movie.
:)

Originally posted by Anssi
Has anyone seen this? It was a total laugh riot for me! Johnny Depp (and who was the other guy?) were excellent dope head journalists... :lol:

benicio del torro

(hope i spelled him correct)

He was also in Sleepy Hollow. If you don't like that movie it is a fact that you are an idiot.:p

By the Way, I love Fear and Loathing. It is based on a real writer, if you didn't already know, named Hunter S. Thompson. The guy sitting at the table when Depp says "shit, it is me" (or something like that) is the real life Hunter S. Thompson.

There was another movie about him with Bill Murray(spelling?) playing Hunter called Where the Buffalo Roam. It is good but not as cool as Fear and Loathing.

Awesome movie!!

The first time i saw it, i was super high and was told that it would make complete sense to me. It didn't. The next day, here's how the conversation went:

My Boyfriend: Remember the part where he ate the fish and threw up?
Me: Someone ate fish?
BF: Yeah, when they went to the fancy restaurant...
Me: Restaurant.....???
BF: You know the hotel they were staying at... where the whole movie took place???
Me: There was a hotel in that movie???

This was the NEXT DAY!!!!
Anyways, i watched it again, sober, and loved it :lol:

To me, watching the movie high, helped me to grasp and understand the fact that the characters are in a complete drug induced blur and have no idea why they are there and what they are supposed to be doing. At the time i watched this movie, I was also in a drug induced blur, so the whole thing made sence to me.:)