Movies that make you cry or well up in emotion

Losing Isaiah w/ Halle Berry, Jessica Lange, Cuba Gooding Jr, Samuel L. Jackson and a few others. :cry:

I saw it on late night tv once, and I was seriously balling through the last half of it.

I'm not very emotional like that, and maybe because it was late night or something, but it's a horribly sad movie.

Pay It Foward with Keven Spacy, the kid from Sixth Sense, and Helen Hunt was kinda sad too. American Beauty was pretty good. Nothing to me like that Losing Isaiah though....

South park the movie (I cry when kenny sacrifice himself he is so brave)
Lord of the ring movies (Not because it is sad but because it is such a beautiful movie)

American Beauty!! There's three parts of that movie I think that I always shed some tears during.

Cast Away
Edward Scissorhands
Last of the Mohicans
Lion King
Return of the King

hmmm, that's all I can think of at the moment....but most movies can make my sniffle.

OMG, that line in Last of the Mohicans where Daniel Day Louis says, "Go!!! I WILL find you!!!!"

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Braveheart always brings me to tears.

I'm watching Meet Joe Black on TV right now. :cry: actually it's getting right up to the ending. :cry: I love this movie. :(

haha Return of the king made me cry :p
as did Mulan, Pocahontas, Almost Famous, the Little Mermaid (nondisney), Bend it like Beckham, the ending of a videogame called Kingdom Hearts...

@ Seraphim
me too! well depends on the mood i'm in. when i was younger and Titanic came out, i didnt cry and all the girls i went to see it to rolled their eyes at me and said i had no heart :eek:

edit: and the saddest movie ever is the one of um... little dinosaurs that go in search of an enchanted valley or something. and the mother of the little dinosaur dies :cry: haahha i only know its name in spanish

I agree with Mikey, Losing Isaiah was pretty emotional. Same as the Lion King.

Other's I've shed a few tears in: Terminator 2 (It was sad how he killed himself in the end ok? :err: ), Edward Scissorhands, A Walk to Remember, The Green Mile, Monsters Inc, Gone with the Wind

American Beauty is beautiful, one of my faves, but it has never made me cry.

Violet Baudelaire said:
edit: and the saddest movie ever is the one of um... little dinosaurs that go in search of an enchanted valley or something. and the mother of the little dinosaur dies :cry: haahha i only know its name in spanish
The Land Before Time! It's a shame they ruined that movie by making 523908 others. :\ Kingdom Hearts is an emotional game near the ending. Strays from a Disneyesque story to more of a Squaresoft creation. Final Fantasy X's ending is quite emotional as well.

I rarely let movies get to me, but Dead Poets Society hit a bit hard. There's only been a few other movies I've watched and it left me depressed/bad mood in general. Requiem for a Dream, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Edward Scissorhands, and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

@Incendiare
yes, terminator 2 is one of my top 5 favourite movies :p
but ive watched it sooooo many times the crying-effect has passed

@Sonnenritter
yes! you have great taste :p
im playing final fantasy 9 right now but its the only game ive played so far, besides kingdom hearts which i looooooooved, and im glad my 8yr old sister and me arent the only ones that found it touching

The Matrix (first one)
American Beauty
Memento
Fight Club
Edward Scissorhands
Leon (with Natalie Portman)
and some more that I don't remember right now

as for videogames, Final Fantasy 6 almost made me cry several times (it was the greatest FF ever, before everyone jumped on the RPG wagon with FF7 for the PSX)

Reactions: Sonnenritter