MP3's of my band

snare has that, im in a box, feel to it

kick is clicky, but im listening on akg 240's, so i could be missing some bass

some guitar parts are out of tune, specifically parts played on the smaller three strings of the guitar

vocalist says, guh, url, and YOW! to start riff sections; which is annoying as hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

i think you used drumagog, and the fact that i can tell is bad

your overheads are washy

a few powerful riffs here and there, keep writing, keep working, keep recording

criticism is a good thing, for everyone and everything

snare has that, im in a box, feel to it

kick is clicky, but im listening on akg 240's, so i could be missing some bass

some guitar parts are out of tune, specifically parts played on the smaller three strings of the guitar

vocalist says, guh, url, and YOW! to start riff sections; which is annoying as hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

i think you used drumagog, and the fact that i can tell is bad

your overheads are washy

a few powerful riffs here and there, keep writing, keep working, keep recording

criticism is a good thing, for everyone and everything

WOW :)..well I still have a lot to learn..
I didn't agree with the guyh, rul and YOW stuff...only on some occassions..I feel it is overused...but the rest wanted it in..

TOms are acoustic...snare is drumagog, badly triggered I know, I had so much troubles getting it to trigger properly...and the original source was really bad!

Washy overheads, yeah, I don't know why they come out so bad constantly...might be my room or my pre-amp (everything is recorded with a SM AUDIO PRO PR8)..

Guitars, not satisfied with the sound of it..or how they came out...I don't feel that they are that much out of tune...but I then also, I'm still young and need to learn a lot still..so I might hear in awhile then :)..

Thanks for the critique, everything helps

too much buss compression/limiting, very easy to hear the pumping in and out( :Smug: ) when the guitars go solo. That alone is probably the biggest problem. The mix itself just seems really muddy and there is not a lot of definition in the mix. The guitars almost seem to be taking up way too much of the frequency spectrum, which is really just overpowering everything else in the mix (vox, drums, and bass). Don't get me wrong it doesn't sound terrible, in fact its not that bad, but you can definitely improve a lot of stuff on it.

Jordan