MSG/LYNCH/SISTER SIN

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Saw 'em last night @ little dive in Portland. It was a great show!!!!
Schenker is on top of his game, the show was sold out. Saw the Scorps last week who also sold out a shed near by...
Sister Sin put on a hell of show a cross between Accept and classic Motley Crue... I interviewed Liv a couple weeks ago, she is a class act. I got a chance to talk to her afterward. I can't wait to see her and the band again when they swing by with BLS in another month.

What was Sister Sin setlist? :D

Sister Sin:

One Out of Ten
Outrage
24/7
On Parole
Sound Of The Underground
Make My Day

Schenker:

Armed And Ready
Cry For The Nations
Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
Ready To Rock
I Want You
Night To Remember
Into The Arena
Lost Horizons
Rock My Nights Away
On And On
Lights Out (UFO)
Attack Of The Mad Axeman
Encore:
Ride On My Way
Rock Bottom (UFO)
Encore 2:
Doctor Doctor (UFO)

My interview with Liv:

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/interviews/livsin.shtml

I saw both the NJ and NY shows 2 weeks ago. Schenker was godlike. The only change in the setlist sixx put up was that in NJ, they did Ride On My Way in the middle of the set.

We were disappointed that Lynch only played for like 35 minutes. I thought this was more of a co-headlining tour, or that he would get at least an hour. The first night he did 3 Dokken tunes, which made it even worse. Performance-wise, they were great, but I was there expecting to hear WAY more stuff from Smoke and Mirrors.

7/29 (NJ)
She’s Evil But She’s Mine
River of Love
Into The Fire
Revolution Heroes
Mr. Scary
Tooth and Nail
Wicked Sensation

7/31 (NYC)
River of Love
21st Century Man
Revolution Heroes
Mr. Scary
Tooth and Nail
Wicked Sensation

I saw both the NJ and NY shows 2 weeks ago. Schenker was godlike. The only change in the setlist sixx put up was that in NJ, they did Ride On My Way in the middle of the set.

We were disappointed that Lynch only played for like 35 minutes. I thought this was more of a co-headlining tour, or that he would get at least an hour. The first night he did 3 Dokken tunes, which made it even worse. Performance-wise, they were great, but I was there expecting to hear WAY more stuff from Smoke and Mirrors.

7/29 (NJ)
River of Love
Into The Fire
Revolution Heroes
Mr. Scary
Tooth and Nail
Wicked Sensation

7/31 (NYC)
River of Love
21st Century Man
Revolution Heroes
Mr. Scary
Tooth and Nail
Wicked Sensation

I wish they would have done The Phacist. Can't get enough of that song.

I wish they would have done The Phacist. Can't get enough of that song.

I would have killed to hear at least half the album. That is a great song, though it's actually spelled "The Fascist". For some reason when it leaked last year it was spelled with a "Ph" (and still is at certain online retail locations). Press releases prior to the release date were also wrong, but the actual cd has the song title spelled correctly. :)

I would have killed to hear at least half the album. That is a great song, though it's actually spelled "The Fascist". For some reason when it leaked last year it was spelled with a "Ph" (and still is at certain online retail locations). Press releases prior to the release date were also wrong, but the actual cd has the song title spelled correctly. :)

iTunes is where I bought the album so there you go!:oops:
I was going to bought the physical cd that night but they sold the few copies they had on hand!!!!

Sister Sin:

One Out of Ten
Outrage
24/7
On Parole
Sound Of The Underground
Make My Day

My interview with Liv:

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/interviews/livsin.shtml

Kinda short and two covers in it. They have enough original material to avoid that IMO.

The interview is very good, the Jethro Tull part is funny. I wonder if she ever thought about play in a progressive rock band. But she is young indeed for my standards, she quotes "Root To Branches" as her favorite album. Any old schooler will quote either "Aqualung" or "Thick As A Brick" I think.
The MC worship is what turns me off the band actually, and yes the new album is heavier than the previous one but I would have cut down the male choruses, Liv's voice is good enough for the music.

I saw Michael about a year ago, pretty much the same setlist, but he did one or two more from the latest one (which I like). He's healthy and just killing right now. One of my favorite guitar players for sure.

In Santa Clara last night Michael sounded great & He looked good too! carmine Appice was outstanding. Gary Barden well........ His voice is shot,Nothing left. He Sounded terrible when you could hear him. I was looking forward to seeing him sing live again now I wish I hadn't.

My friend said after "If this was the Gary Barden band you have been pissed off but everybody was there to Michael so"

In Santa Clara last night Michael sounded great & He looked good too! carmine Appice was outstanding. Gary Barden well........ His voice is shot,Nothing left. He Sounded terrible when you could hear him. I was looking forward to seeing him sing live again now I wish I hadn't.

My friend said after "If this was the Gary Barden band you have been pissed off but everybody was there to Micheal so"

Gary sounded good in Portland, I thought Carmine Appice was one of the most overrated, boring drummers I have seen in my life.

I hate all of you that got to see Sister Sin,:heh: I was going to go to the MSG show in Madison really to see Sister Sin, although I KNOW I would have enjoyed seeing MSG as well. Unfortunately, Sister Sin was not on the WI roster due to touring with BLS. I was pissed, I could care less about BLS....Maybe next time...... :(

I´ve seen Michael plenty of times in the last 7 or 8 years and these 2 last tours seem he´s enjoying a lot. Even, it seems he´s clean and sober!!!

Low point is that set lists are too short. I miss lot of songs (2 or 3 more at least) but that´s because Gary Barden isn´t in top form. He got some problems with the high pitched vocals. Not a mess but has to be far better.

I´ve never seen Lynch Mob. In november they play in Madrid supporting mighty Y&T. I look forward to that show but I´d prefer that they didn´t play Dokken stuff just Lynch Mob tunes. I saw George Lynch a couple of years (backed with good Irish band Stormzone) and it was a total disappointing. I only enjoyed with "mr. Scary". I guess George was thinking only in training his muscles or something like that.

[ame]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZyCF56N214&feature=related[/ame]

You can sync up the start of these vids. & play them at the same time. Pause 81' at start of guitar intro. (0.25) start 2010 vid. when guitar intro starts hit play on 81'

Turn the volume off on 81' & watch 2010 or go back & forth with the volume, Kinda cool I thought. Stays in sync untill the end of the michaels solo.

I disagree. He sounds fine. I don't know what "high pitch vocals" you're talking about because he's never been a singer with range.

You can watch both videoclips that has put Assault Attack. Poor Gary doesn´t hit too much notes nowadays and "Armed and ready" is the first song of the set list and he´s OK on it and far better than the rest of the show. I love Barden and for me it´s the perfect singer for MSG but he´s not in top form.

When I said "high pitched" I tried to say "highest tones" or whatever the word means in English.