Mummy bat's life purpose fulfilled by becoming MY AVATAR.

Should mummy bat be my avatar, was it frost or mica, & how do mummy bats get around?

• yes, it was mica and they shamble.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, it was mica and they fly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, it was frostiness and they jog or carpool.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • no, it was frost, and mummy bats are inanimate.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don't believe in Mummy Bat.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

FuSoYa

Lunarian
Nov 9, 2001
Brooklyn
lifesci.ucsb.edu
mummybat.jpg

Mia and I went to this evil abandoned mine last night, and inside one of the tunnels noticed this FROSTY MUMMY BAT hanging upside down from the ceiling/wall. It appeared to be not breathing at all, and was covered with a layer of frost or mica. I can't decide which.

I blew lightly on the mummy bat to try to rid it of the mica dust (if that's what it really was), and then the mummy bat emitted an ancient groan and wriggled very languidly for a second. We concluded that, had it been a live bat it was probably hibernating, but since it was a mummy bat, blowing on it was just the first part of the incantation required for reanimation.

Then I was thinking, reanimated mummies move pretty slowly, so a mummy bat probably would as well. So if the mummy bat tried to fly at you, it would probably fall to the ground because it couldn;t flap its dusty wings fast enough.

Conclusion: mummy bats shamble like any regular mummy. Agreed?

The best part about that is that this model batmobile is just the perfect size for Mummy Bat!

I wonder if when batman sits in his full-size batmobile, if he sits on his cape or if he pushes it out of the way so his butt is flush with the seat and the cape is off to the side? I hate sitting on the long part of my coat; it's like, if you try to move too much in one direction you get restricted because you're sitting on your damn coat!!!

did you two ever consider this cloak as anything other than a death shroud?

that is to say, have you maybe thought that it was a... ermm... COCOON?

maybe this is how bat-spiders are created?

i think this is probably one of the most interesting discoveries i've heard about in recent years.

are you going back?? more pictures??

Originally posted by FuSoYa
I wonder if when batman sits in his full-size batmobile...

dude. his cape flows over the top of the seat, so it sort of flows in the wind and gives him a cheap little auto-asphyxiated thrill... all at once.

on the other hand, Robin sits his ass right down on that cape.

TOBY AND MIA the one thing I warned you about that mine was STAYING AWAY FROM BATS!

In retrospect, I should also have warned you about the passage full of undead miners I sealed up last time I was in there. Hope that wasn't a problem.