munich by winter

Guttmann

Jan 30, 2007
so im planning on going to see opeth in munich, dec 6th, and was wandering, do you know any good music shops around munich (anywhere i could get to by the u\s-bahn\tram\bus system)?

also, any suggestions will be much appreciated :)

ive looked through the web and came up with a list another guy created, so i thought i would share:

"Dock - Aventin Straße.8
-> best 2nd hand CD stuff in Death/Black/Thrash Metal. I should have bought 10 CDs instantly and put them on my tradelist.

M2 Music - Rosenheimer Str.77
(they have a 2nd shop in Nordendstr.41 - Schwabing)
-> shitloads of 2nd hand CDs. Got first two Desaster CDs for 5 Euros each, new Sear Digi-CD for 6 Euros. Good 2nd hand vinyl section, but nearly no Thrash/Death/Black, but normal Heavy/Power Metal.
Also the 2nd shop in Schwabing has an awesome 2nd hand Metal CD-section.

Magic Point Records - Augusten Str. 58
-> some 2nd hand Metal CDs (got the Extol - Pearl MCD there for 5 euros)

Forget about the rest (ca.15 stores), that are mentioned in the yellow pages of Munich. Just disappointing. And if there is Metal, then there are always the same Accept/Whitesnake LPs filed under "Heavy".

And the opening times are horrible. 3:00pm to 7:00pm for M2 Music as an example.

People into House, Techno, Jazz, Klassik, Wave, Blues:
echo optimal - Kolloseum Str.6
-> s.a.d.l.y. no Metal. That would be the best, but 20.000+ records of the above mentioned styles."

you probably know that most of the "popular" metal is quite easy to find (MediaMarkt, Saturn etc.),dont you? although it is quite disappointing some times... where are you from?

I'm from Munich actually!
Yes, I know Saturn...the one in Munich (Kaufingerstrasse) even has a pretty good metal section IMO. I've seen worse ;)

This concert will kill... im going to be there, too...
Im not from munich so i´m not able to recommend any stores but is anyone interested in a post-opethian drinkin session?