Murder Therapy: 1st song of their new EP

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
This is the full version of the song I posted last week.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1436721/01 Moloch.mp3

As I said this was a low budget production and it means we tracked bass and guitars in 2 days, vocals in 1 day and percussions and ethnical stuff in another day. Drums was recorded this winter when we did a promo. Very quick mix too. I think it turned out pretty well considering the effort.
The budget was very tight because in July we'll record the new album so they think it's better to not invest too much money on this EP.

Is it so terrible? :D 72 visits and 0 comment? Not that I need these comments to do my mixes, but last time this band received lot of appreciations (and the mix too)...maybe this time the song/mix sucks? I ask because I'm very satisfied by the result considering the effort.

Probably I forgot a touch of "Emmure", "AxeFx", "SD2.0" in the thread title :guh: ....hey... wait a moment... we used AxeFx for real this time!! :loco:

Hey,
my trials probably lack attention too, so let me "help" you with my comment. First of all, the music is not of my liking and i'm listening to it at my office now, the sound through these logitech speakers is not superb.
So, to give you feedback, the recording sound to me like there is too much drums in it, not the playing, but drums are standing out like a #1 instrument of the band and guitars + vocals are a bit behind.

Not sure if that helps but probably on another sound system this would sound different

Overall mix seems a little claustrophobic, but for a budget EP it still sounds pretty good man. Main gripe was that the snare does sound a little boxy, but it kind of suits this style of music.

Yeah maybe..but Isis and Ulcerate are actually major influences for this band and they are pretty claustrophobic too.
As you said it's a budget EP and they will release it in digital format (free offer) so we didn't put much time or effort on it.
For the album we will start with a totally different approach