muse - showbiz

opethpainter

the psychedelic servant
Jan 20, 2002
italy
jump.to
damn, i'm listening right now for the first time to this cd and... fuck, it's so great i can't believe that!

never thought they were so cool... anther great band born from england [ok, ok, opeth are swedish and great anyway...].

definitely a great masterpiece, which you're suggested to hear and love!

yeah, i got that about the time it was released, and wow. its strange though how a band so good can release one of my favourite albums, well not anymore, but sober, sunburn and filip are brilliant, anyway how they can make that album, and then release complete shit after that. saw them at Reading (i got a free ticket so i went...im not paying £90 for that crap) and all the old stuff and a few new songs were great. anywho i suppose some of the porcupine tree fans might like it, but im just dissapointed with the rest of their stuff.

I highy HIGHLY recommend that you find yourself a copy or some mp3s of their newest album "The Origin Of Symmetry." It is, in my opinion and the opinion of many others, far superior to Showbiz. It's bigger, heavier, grander, more melodic, and more epic than Showbiz, and has far less of a wannabe Radiohead quality (though more of a wannabe Queen quality).

The only problem is that it was only released in the UK, so if you are in the US, you may have troubles finding it. I got mine off of Ebay, but you could check Amazon.co.uk or just random indie record stores in your area (I've only seen it here once though).

Anyway...it's a hell of an album and Muse is a hell of a band.

Good call.

-Steve

I too, like Origin of Semmetry a lot more. I like showbiz too. funny thing is, I never even bought Origin of Semmetry, only downloaded it, because it wasnt released here... I know thats wrong and i hate doing it. but the cheapest I could find at the moment is like 25 bucks to import it, and now, i'm just not totally interested in buying it anymore.

opethpainter: check out origin of symmetry if you can find it.

for any other fans of PT or something, check out Muse.

They are a great band, one of my favorites...

The only problem is that they have quite a bit of talent, but don't use it most of the time. Some songs are proggy, some are just pop-rock.

Dead Star is just numetal almost. Good riff though.

They are hyper live, the singer/guitarist always impro's stuff, not very well, but it's cool. And they trash the set and their instruments every time.

Find and buy their DVD, Hullabaloo. I bought it, thinking it would be average, and it is VERY entertaining.