Musician no more:( long sorry!

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
Ugh so I quit my band, Born From Ashes, financial reasons, I just couldn't take being stolen from anymore. Total drama story but I'm not into spreading that, I just want to reflect on what I've done musically. Kinda emotional here! :erk: I know a lot of us here play in bands and so many of you great friends here have backed me even though our music wasn't exactly "thrash" or metal and have supported my success, and you all gave me great compliments and support even when my friggin' parents refused to and still refuse to even listen to my album. I love you all dearly for that. I sure tried my best to be the greatest performer I could, Ian and Newstead shaped me and I always tried to copy them:) Played my first show when I was 20 in Gainesville when I was going to UF in the most horrible band ever lol, but it taught me how to be in a band and it made me want to achieve so much more. I like to think that I did. I packed the House Of Blues on several occassions. I got to open for many idols, too many to mention. At 37 it's time to hang it up, sucks having a 5000 dollar bass rig in my garage! lol Thanks for reading fellas, one hob clip that for whatever reason focuses on me lol. New chapters aren't found without tears but I'll get there!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5akPvf7fM0&list=FLczx_WpJHfIj85LDlkV2cpA&index=25

Well done man,I'm 37 and have only started proper jamming in the last few years,I'll never have the full band thing but I'm happy jamming with my drummer mat e every few weekends.

You done with music all together or just Born From Ashes? Unless you really need the money man, hold on to that bass rig. I know to many people who did the same thing, unloaded their gear and then moved on... only to get the itch again a year later and are back in Guitar Center taking out credit.

In either case good luck to you in whatever you decide.

@Sufferer tough decision but be very proud of what you've achieved. It's more than most of us who dream of being in a band have ever done. And remember picking up that bass and playing again is only 1 decision away. Good luck for the future.

Stay metal \m/

You done with music all together or just Born From Ashes? Unless you really need the money man, hold on to that bass rig. I know to many people who did the same thing, unloaded their gear and then moved on... only to get the itch again a year later and are back in Guitar Center taking out credit.

In either case good luck to you in whatever you decide.

What he said. If they ripped you off, fuck them and find another band. I've been playing drums for 20 years now, been in many bands and I don't think I ever quit.

Sad to hear that sufferer. Though we've been here before with you, it sounds like you really are done. I'd like to think that even though you may be done with this band, you'll probably get the itch to play again. Hold on to that bass rig for a little while before doing anything stupid. I've been there too where I was unhappy with my band and didn't see any reason to keep on playing. Bands may go away, but hopefully the music stays with you. She's a real cunt at times, but I'd like to think that the highs are worth the lows.

On a lighter note: Says proudly he has packed Hous of Blues - sig says fuck the House of Blues. :lol:

All the best to you, my man.

Wishing you all the best. As have been posted very well already, bands come and go, don't sell you gear yet! In another surrounding, with other people, things may be completely different.

Keep it up mate! Wishing you all the best!

Thanks fellas you guys are awesome! Hanging on to the rig I don't need money or anything. I guess when I knew I was done was when I'm warming up back stage at the HOB opening for Iced Earth and Sabaton, thinking this is what I've always worked for and yet I was more stressed about loading gear, socializing with fans afterwards and dealing with the inevitable money I would be dicked out of afterwards. Not that I do it for the money, hell I'd play shows like this for free but if it's there I deserve my share. I literally had all stress and very little excitement, so if I wasn't excited for a show like this then I figured what's the point, I'll never be excited again unless opening for Anthrax. I did however get to play shows with...let me see...Soil, Hed PE, Mushroomhead, Fear Factory, Geoff Tate, Havok, Soulfly, Straight Line Stitch, Ill Nino,Taproot, the former singer of Drowning Pool's new band lol (that guy was a dick), and others! Gotta say I had fun.

Alex I still have the box of diapers and as of yet haven't worn another pair since Mayhem. But when the right festival show arrives, I'm ready and will slip 'em on in a heartbeat!:tickled:

Yes SD my sig is still intact and as I've said before even though they treat us good I will always hate them for sending true fans to the back of the line for national shows...they were doing it at my Iced Earth show too! ugh I hate them lol cheers guys thanks for all the positivity time to look forward to new Anthrax!:kickass: