MXL 603S - Stupid Deal of the Day

bought two! thanks for the heads up!

;) No problemo. I used to have a pair. Surprisingly good for the price.

This was posted for me, wasn't it MC? :D

Ordered two! I will use the hell outta these! Thank you for posting it!
:D

Sure thing dude! I'm actually going to sell the 3 pairs of overheads I have now to buy a pair of Beyerdynamic MC930s. After trying them, I like them significantly better than the Neumann KM184s I was gonna buy before, and they're about half the price :loco:

P.S. It's a stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

Bought two, gonna get em joly modded and use them at my live shows, thanks

;)

Is the price on his site ($219) for the mod on each mic, or for a pair? I'd love to give these a shot, especially for ~$320 total, but if you have to pay $219 for each one, I might as well just buy the pair already modded from him for $500.

*edit* Just emailed him and he got back extremely fast. Price is $219 per mic, if anyone was curious ;)

;) No problemo. I used to have a pair. Surprisingly good for the price.

:D

Sure thing dude! I'm actually going to sell the 3 pairs of overheads I have now to buy a pair of Beyerdynamic MC930s. After trying them, I like them significantly better than the Neumann KM184s I was gonna buy before, and they're about half the price :loco:

P.S. It's a stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

And so it begins... :D

I'm gonna eventually just be a corksniffer and save up for a pair of Earthworks for overheads :p See you in 20 years!
But these will be my first overheads and I'm gonna use them for a Southern Stoner Rock band that my buddy is in. They will probably be my first engineering/mixing job. Wish me luck!

DIT: Hey guys, the MXL 4000 has been brought down to $199 at Musician's Friend as well, and one of these 603S's is a freebie with it! At least for the holidays. Snatch one of them up as well! I really liked the 4000 when I tried it. It added a whole new dimension to the sound... though to be fair I was using a bunch of Shures and some Audio Technica dynamics through a Behringer Eurodesk so the bar wasn't set that high to begin with :lol: