My bands big break!!!

bobvex

Teh Forum Fuhrer
Sep 16, 2002
Ok, many of you may know that although I love metal and COB, I play ina punk rock band called The Vex (hence the name, bobvex). Anyway, in the past we have played with some big punk rock bands (i.e. Marky Ramone, D.I., Total Chaos [i know i hate em too, but it was good for publicity], and Lars Frederickson and the Bastards.), and Lars frederickson, as some of you may know, is in the band Rancid. This is a section of a recent rancid article in a magazine near my hometown of San Jose, CA.

Lars has long since moved from the South Bay but he returns
to the old neighborhood as often as he can to visit his mother. He has seen San
Jose grow immensely but Sharman Palms remains locked in time. He has always been
a strong supporter of and fixture on the South Bay music scene and has a
particular fondness for the local punk scene. “There’s been so many great bands
that have come out of San Jose--Los Olvidados, the Drunk Injuns, the Forgotten,
the Faction, Ribzy, the Drab... and I wouldn’t call them a punk band but the Odd
Numbers, the list can go on and on. There’s a band called the Vex from
Campbell--they are playing music that could have been done in ‘82 but they have
a different spin on it because there’s been so much other music to come since
that and it’s influenced them. San Jose has always had a lot of great music and
I’ve always thought that San Jose was overlooked.” - Zero Magazine, Dec/Jan issue.

to read the whole article, go to:
http://zeromag.com/1/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=538&mode=&order=0

How crazy is that!

MagSec4 said:
I assume you're their guitarrist. Why don't you start taking the band to the dark side ever so slowly but surely? :heh:

Congrats anyways \,,/
Oh i am MagSec, I am, but its a process, i already started with the solos and stuff, but once i get them into the idea that we could be a kick ass Pnkrock/metal band, ill be in heaven.