My bands song, almost done! (progressive Metal)

sockerbeat

Metal-God!
Nov 30, 2010
Sweden
Hey dudes :D

Me and my band have worked pretty hard on our Pre-Prod that we are doing at my home studio ^^ the sound is pretty nice but maybe we can advance it? :D
Will soon get "POD Farm" so the sound will more professional!

Guitars: Amplitube 3.... and so on ^^
Bass: Amplitube 3....
Drums: Steven slate kick and snare. Addictive drums on all other things, the snare need a lot of work in my opinion but not so good at mixing snares yet.
Vocals: No vocals yet!
Master: Limiter, izotope.​

Give your opinions to help us advance the sound and so on :D

Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15946984/Metal song by sockerbeat.mp3

Peace!
:D \m/

Sounds like the work of guitarists ... I made that same mistake too, and the guys really helped me with it.
Basically, listen to albums and realize how actually loud the the drum and bass backbone is. Make sure your guitars are there sitting over it - instead of having it sound like there are drums behind guitar... If that makes any sense. Also, if you google up "EQing metal guitar", you'll find some great advice from this forum on how to make it sit in the mix. I haven't actually personally done it yet, since my recording stuff is at home and I'm here at college...

Dude that song sounds sick! If you exported the stems and compressed it into a rar file or something I would totally like to give a go at mixing this for fun. But yeah what everybody else said is pretty much right. Not enough bass and the drums are getting kinda buried. I think if you EQed everything again on some fresh ears it would probably help :D

I dont know alot about mixing since i am just learning.But I just wanted to say that song was so freaking awesome.I loved it

thx everyone :D glad that you enjoy our music it means a lot :)
I will have POD Farm tomorrow and give it a try, and i maybe can make the project files to a winrar file later ;D

Peace! :)