My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
One of the most distinctive albums in my collection, the guitar theatrics herein are just mind boggling. Not crazy solos or awesome riffs, just really bizarre stuff that I've never really heard imitated elsewhere. Although I would never associate this with metal AT ALL, I've seen it in top 10 shred lists before.

Any fans?

It's never been surpassed. Probably never will be.

The thing I love about this album is it's so vague. The guitar parts are crazy, but they're not intricate. It's mind-blowing, but at the same time so mysterious. This album is defiantely one of my favorites.

I won't take anyone's opinion on this album seriously until they listen to it 100 times, I've listened to it probably 500 times and I hesitate to even discuss it. :loco:

The album gets a subtle plug in Final Fantasy 7...I'd have to check it out on the basis of that alone :)

Yeah, Kevin Shields is the main creative force. Not sure, but I think the soundtrack has 2 MBV songs and two instrumentals by Shields.

You could be right. The Tremolo EP also came out in '91, but I'm not sure if that was before or after Loveless. I guess the point is that he hasn't done anything in the last 13 years. I think he is such a control freak/perfectionist that he never thinks his work is done, and consequently it never gets released. That ain't right.