Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
So, here are the last two text messages I have received from my father:

Last night:
"I just saw Uriah Heep. They sound like Maiden. Pretty good"

Today:
"Tonight! Whitesnake, Skid Row, and LA Guns!"

So, I don't get to see Uriah Heep, but my dad gets to see both them and Whitesnake, since he is at the Wisconsin State Fair??????????

not as funny as my dad at a punk show a few years back when he pushed his 50 plus year old freind into the pit.

That would have been hilarious to see.
I know your dad, and would definitely not put it behind him.

Was it as funny as when you greeted me in the pit at a show by slapping a full nelson on me????

that was the Mr. T Experience show....it was a blast. That was in the height of our wrestling days.

Was it? I am not sure I ever saw them at Fireside.
Seen them other places.
For some reason, I thought it was the Teen Idols.
Who knows, maybe it was the same show.

All those Fireside Shows are a complete blur to me these days.

Can't believe how many evenings I spent in that dump.

Was it? I am not sure I ever saw them at Fireside.
Seen them other places.
For some reason, I thought it was the Teen Idols.
Who knows, maybe it was the same show.

All those Fireside Shows are a complete blur to me these days.

Can't believe how many evenings I spent in that dump.

they were opening for Mr. T Ex at that show....I would not be at a Teen Idols show other than that reason.

Haha!!!
Wtf?
You guys are nuts.

The only thing I can say about my Dad is that he had a stellar record collection. The first one I picked up was Black Sabbath's Paranoid at the age of 11. And that's when it all started....

Wow, that's impressively similar to how my metal days started. My dad is the one who introduced me to metal as well, as he gave me a cassette tape he had of Black Sabbath - Paranoid when I was about 6. Too young to appreciate the music, but I was hooked on Iron Man in particular. And that's where it all started for me, too. He had quite a collection of Black Sabbath and Deep Purple albums.

Wow, that's impressively similar to how my metal days started. My dad is the one who introduced me to metal as well, as he gave me a cassette tape he had of Black Sabbath - Paranoid when I was about 6. Too young to appreciate the music, but I was hooked on Iron Man in particular. And that's where it all started for me, too. He had quite a collection of Black Sabbath and Deep Purple albums.

Haha! That's funny!
Yeah, that was around the time Grunge was really big and ruining everything...lol. So I said to myself, "This blows", and went downstairs to my Dad's record collection...I'm talking hundreds of classic Metal and Classic Rock albums. If I can remember, the first ones I ever listened to were Sabbath's "Paranoid", Deep Purple's "Machine Head", and RUSH "2112".
It was an Epic moment.
And Yes! "Iron Man" was what got me as well!

Great stories for sure!!!!
I got into hard rock and metal from my older brother.
First albums I ever heard were KISS - ALIVE II and probably the first CHEAP TRICK.