My Dying Bride--Evinta.

BloodSword

Jan 30, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Evinta was just released May 31. Has anyone on here heard this album? Described as a "re-working" of some older material in commemoration of their 20th anniversary. It's symphonic/orchestral. In the past, members on here have been very astute in their critique of MDB, thus my reasoning for the question. So, what say you?

Haven't heard it yet, but quite interested. Andy was telling Paul about this a while back and I thought it was a pretty interesting concept, so I'm curious to hear what others think......though of course I reserve judgement ultimately for my own ears ;)

Received the 2-cd edition yesterday. It is very different from their other work. More orchestral, with female opera vocals, and spoken word from Aaron. I like it a lot, and you recognize parts of songs of MDB reworked with other lyrics.

It's not as good as their last cd, For Lies I Sire, which I think is one of their best. But I recommend this one to any fan of MDB, or any fan of ND. :)

I actually bought a legal copy of this 2 weeks before it was released lol. Personally, I wasn't expecting this at all, but I think its absolutely fucking brilliant. I'm not too into the second CD, but the first CD is pure magic. Not as good as The Light at the End of the World or Songs of Darkness, Words of Light obviously, but still a great album!

- Joel

My fiancee bought me this album two weeks ago, and I'm still very much enjoying it. If you're a MDF fan, you'll definitely enjoy it. It is very much orchestral with a lot of music borrowing riffs in different arrangements from their past albums.