My Dying Bride News

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Direct from Peaceville:

My Dying Bride: are to play their first London show for over 2 years, the gig will take place on Saturday 27th April at The Mean Fiddler. Special guests Rotting Christ will join MDB. Tickets are £10 in advance and available through a 24 hour credit card hot line - Tel: 020 7344 0044, or online via: www.meanfiddler.com The gig will be MDB’s ONLY UK show of the year, and they’ll be showcasing material from their highly acclaimed last album The Dreadful Hours for the very first time. One not to be missed. Co-sponsors of the show are your favourite radio station Total Rock and the bible of brutality that is Terrorizer.

MDB DATES CONFIRMED 2002:
Fri 19th April LISBON PARADISE GARAGE Portugal
Sat 20th April OPORTO HARD CLUB Portugal
Sat 27th April LONDON MEAN FIDDLER UK
Sat 11th May THESSALONIKI (Venue TBC) Greece
Sun 12th May ATHENS RODON Greece
Sat 18th May TEMPLE BAR MUSIC CENTRE Dublin, Ireland
Sat 8th June MILAN GODS OF METAL Italy
Sat 6th June DESSEL GRASPOP Holland
Sat 13th June WEERT GRASPOP Holland
Fri 2nd or Sat 3rd Aug WACKEN OPEN AIR (date t.b.a.) Germany

April 22nd sees the release of the My Dying Bride longform For Darkest Eyes on DVD for the very first time. The release contains all MDB’s promo video’s to date:

1:Symphonaire Infernus
2:The Thrash Of Naked Limbs
3:Songless Bird
4:I Am The Bloody Earth
5:The Cry Of Mankind
6:For You

For Darkest Eyes also contains a full live set, filmed in Krakow Poland in 1996, MDB were on a European tour with then label mates Anathema. The show contains 10 tracks, and features the classic MDB line-up, with original drummer Rick Miah and Martin Powell, now with Cradle Of Filth.

Live in Krakow Tracks:
1: A Sea To Suffer In
2: The Songless Bird
3: Crown Of Sympathy
4: The Thrash Of naked Limbs
5: The Cry Of Mankind
6: Your River
7: Black Voyage
8: Your Shameful Heaven
9: From Darkest Skies
10: The Forever People

Carrying on this slurry of Bride activity, the band will be releasing a brand new live album, entitled “Voice Of The Wretched (Live)”. The album will hit the shops 2 days after the London gig on Monday 29th April. The album was recorded live at 013 in Tilburg Holland in March 2001 and was the bands stunning climax to the 3 day Peacefest shows that took place in 3 countries over a manic weekend in March 2001.

For up-to-the-second My Dying Bride news: www.mydyingbride.org

Wacken Open Air Concert info: http://www.wacken-open-air.com

Total Rock & Terrorizer will be giving away copies of both the DVD and the Live album, keep eyes n ears peeled