My Entry For A Fan Video (For Enslaved Fans)

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
Usually I post my short films and people get on me for spam. I get it. :lol:

But this time I actually have a video related to METAL! Here's my official entry for the Enslaved music video for "Ethica Odini..."

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh... ok, here is some honest feedback from a fellow filmmaker. I've seen you spam this video on many different boards (as usual) so I will offer my thoughts. And please don't reply with "It's just a hobby" because, while that may be true, you still take your time to create the film... you should have some more respect for yourself and your intended audience to hone your skills in order to make something more technically and creatively superior... I mean you are entering this into a contest after all.

Your exposure is off, even for black and white... looks like the auto settings on the camera are shit or if you actually manually set the aperture/white balance, then you definitely did it wrong. The framing and composition for the most part is quite bad (too much head room in most shots, too much of the same shots, shakey handheld shots, poor zoom, etc), the silent film card technique mixed in with a fast/loud metal song is annoying... some subtitles would have done just fine if you needed some exposition. I think I saw some jump cuts as well but really, the editing in general is choppy, and the "time" is off, no real sequence it is just "cut to man, cut to forest"... then out of no where you have all this exposition to tell the story half way in... films are about SHOW not TELL... why you thought all those words were necessary I don't know.. I guess I'll give you some credit for the use of colour to create emotion/tone but again, it was poorly executed.

Hope this helps you. Making any kind of film is HARD work and it will NEVER turn out good without a lot of planning and dedication. If you want to just shoot whatever then that is fine if you enjoy it, but don't ask others to watch it and give you feedback when you take no steps to improve. I have given you some feedback before and you are still making the same mistakes.

If it makes you feel better, your video isn't half as bad as this one:

Last edited by a moderator: