My first finished paid mixed/mastered demo for a band

Sora01

how do mix ¯\(°_o)/¯
Oct 7, 2008
Aberdeen
Hey guys,

Just finished up mixing the schoenberg automatons three track EP
It's my first work i've actually done properly for a band.
One of the songs from the demo is up here

http://www.myspace.com/theschoenbergautomaton

"Where are we, in a cube" the second mix wasn't done by myself :)

I know myspace quality isin't great, let me know what you think roughly though, make sure you buy the Demo when it's up for buying, it has some amazing musicianship on there.

The songs are just insane! It was really fun to mix them.

:wave:

My room mate and I are digging the shit outta this band.

Deatails please!
I'm kinda bummed the drums are programmed, I have a few uni classes with the drummer and he is awesome.

Yeah, i have a feeling the drums would of been 100x better properly done, but since they live over in austrailia and i live here, it would have been impossible.

For guitars i used a slightly older version of tse x30 with tss infront. voxengo boogex with awesometime impulses.

Bass was put through trilian by mr nolly getgood :) I think it came out quite nicely. split it in two and had one bass track for highpass and one for lowpass, adjusted accordingly.

Drums are s2.0 avatar. Drumagog on the kick with the kick i usually use, just mixed differently. I used the gms snare, not the piccolo one, can't remember which.

Transient designers all over the drums, Gclip all the usual shizzle.

On the master bus I used izotope Ozone4. and for the vocals I used some pretty hard compression, the vocals are layered in the way the band sent me them, also eq'd them a little so they could slide in the mix better.

That's pretty much it, there are a lot of small things here and there too but yeah :popcorn: