My first good mix(I think)

theforgotten

Dec 4, 2008
Kicevo,Republic of Macedonia
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2889697/Sound 1.mp3
We've tracked the guitars for the whole song and here's a small piece.No bass,we will tracking bass guitar tomorrow.Drums a still EZDrummer only Kick and Snare triggered.Any help on triggering cymbals and toms would be appreciated since all cymbals are on one channel(I don't know how to send them on separate channels) and when I trigger the toms sound worse than EZDrummer's.Thanks!

The kick is fine.. but yeah, the mix lacks low end.
Pulled the bass up like shit, and now it sounds pretty kewl.

Tnx for comments and there's bass in the song but it's pulled way down.I'm always scared when comes to bass guitar and low end because I'm mixing on Yamaha HS50M and I don't have sub woofer to control them.This is our first song and we like to build a best reference(template)for other songs.I like guitar sound very much and I need some suggestions to sit better in the mix if that's possible.Also the song is not mastered,it's only raised with L2.Thank you again!

yeah sounds preety cool man, i agree about the bass being low and the kick being ok, just try that when turning up that bass knob up to not kill the kick! guitar sounds preety cool too, ampsim? did you program the drums? the tom fills sound really nice (how!! howwww!!! i just can't doo iittt dammnnnn ;__;)

Tnx reg3n and Notuern!On the forum most of the time I'm spending in rate my mix/tone section and I appreciate your opinions of both of you,I've heard very professional mixes of you.Drums are DFH triggered with samples from Erkan's sound library that was posted for download for free.Only kick and snare are replaced but I'll replace the toms and OHs.Most of the time I pay attention on guitar tone.Actually I'm recording a band and they don't have their own guitar tone and we are searching to find something that fits in their style.Their main influences are Testament(Formation of damnation) and Exodus(Shovel Head Kill Machine) so we're in quest to find something that will sound nice but we're not trying to copy those bands,we're trying to get that feel.Guitar is Amplitube2,quad tracked 2x100% L/R and 2x80% L/R.Slight amount of compression on every channel,2/3db GR,balanced between and sent to a group buss with EQ and C4(Andy Preset).Sorry for my bad English,I hope you'll understand what I mean.Thanks!