My first metal demo with Superior 2

I like superior's kick but there's always been something about the snare. can't put my finger on it. sits pretty well in your mix though.

It sounds like the Snotlip preset, and that's supposed to sound like a dry, natural almost unmixed kit. Try another preset if you want more processing on them.

I like the naturalness of it though, but that's me. ;)

kick is very soft, overall mix could use some work. the speed up made the song a little bit better but the drum fills fall out or they sound out... well the whole thing could use some work. but u dont want general comments so mix rating 3/10

kick is very soft, overall mix could use some work. the speed up made the song a little bit better but the drum fills fall out or they sound out... well the whole thing could use some work. but u dont want general comments so mix rating 3/10

I have seen all of 5-6 3/10 quality mixes on here in my year and a bit here.
This is not one of them. Are you fucking deaf or something?

nah, chill out dude. just giving an honest opinion. 3 isn't bad, 1 would be bad, and it's all personal preference. just trying to help the guy out.

Well around 5/6 is generally percieved as being pretty average. This is more a 7 or an 8 than a 3, and I don't even believe in numerical ratings for things like mixes. It's not a perfect mix but it's a good one.

And don't ever tell me to chill out because that will just make me hate you. Don't say I didn't fucking warn you next time

Well around 5/6 is generally percieved as being pretty average. This is more a 7 or an 8 than a 3, and I don't even believe in numerical ratings for things like mixes. It's not a perfect mix but it's a good one.

And don't ever tell me to chill out because that will just make me hate you. Don't say I didn't fucking warn you next time

OK so if lets say an Andy Sneap mix is a 10, and you're giving this a 7 or an 8. This must be pretty damn good then. I mean for you to give it a 7 or an 8 considering it doesn't even have vocals. It really depends on what you're comparing it against. So yep, you are correct in saying that numerical ratings for things like mixes are not a great idea, so I apologize if the 3 I rated this mix seemed a little harsh. As it wasn't meant that way.

And you really do need to chill. How can telling you to chill out make you hate me? Hate me all you want, I won't lose any sleep over it dude. Pretty silly reason to hate someone on an internet forum though.

I just don't being like told to chill. So don't do it.

And I don't know man it's not really fair to bring Andy's mixes into the argument. I wouldn't even class Andy as a 10 always. I class a mix as a 10 if its absolutely perfect FOR THE MUSIC, not if it just sounds nice. This works for the music, but could be cleaned up a little and improved in a few places.

The kick needs some work and I think you could take the mix to a bit of a higher level with some mild compression on the drums.