My first metal mix

i dont think the vocals are clipping, i put some distortion on it.
i dont know how to explain the screams. They were kinda like a guitar that doesnt have enough gain on them. Does that make any sense?

yeah. That mean he isn't a very good vocalist. They seem very dry. Just back 'em down in the mix a little.

edit: I mean the whole mix just seems a little loud. Like the whole mix is clipping or something.

okay maybe bringing the vocals down would stop the whole mix from clipping. Is the distortion on the vocals bad or is there another plug to help out the vocalist?

Vocals are definitely overpowering the rest like a-lot, lower them. If it was up to me i would back off on the distortion too, cause it's a little too obvious to my ears that there's distortion on them. I always compress to fuck out of vocals and use some saturation on top (I really dig PSP Vintagewarmer for vocals, but lately i'm also into Voxformer from Voxengo) Guitars are also a tad weak, it almost sounds like a pile of fizz and it sounds pretty thin, i definitely re-amp them if i were you (if you have the DI's that is) Bassguitar is lacking low-end in my opinion and so is the kick. Drums sound okay, i would compress the snare and toms harder, they lack some punch in my opinion.

Hope this helps