My first miking of an HM-2 in mix

JakeAC5253

Frozen Sun Audio
Nov 19, 2010
Just got this pedal in the other day, really excited about it as I've wanted the Gothenburg guitar tone for a while now. Very fun pedal! Mine needed some quick and easy maintenance, being an 80's unit that goes without saying, all I did was replace-reheat some solder on the PCB, clean the pots, scrub down the trace side of the PCB, and replace the LED which was dead. Works great and sounds ridiculous.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8838613/HM-2 Mix 2C.mp3

This is through my 5150 dialed for a dark but tight crunch. I think it sounds really really good, but it could sound better if I had a Marshall. That's for another day :Smokedev:

Pedal: all knobs maxed. This is the signature sound of this pedal.

Amp: 5150 Red channel in mod mode which is lower gain and darker, dialed for light loud breakup.

Pre: 2
Bass: 6
Mid: 2
Treb: 5

Well, it sounds fantastic. I was never able to get it sounding right with 5150, except sometimes with the pedal gain down and used as a boost. Good work! I should whip out my HM2s and try 'em again. They've been sitting around and collecting dust for awhile.

Also, V30/SM57 on that clip? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I'm impressed that was a 5150!

Sounds really cool dude! I've got Taiwanese and Japanese pedals, and the Japanese is less noisy and fuller.

Yep, Boogie cab V30s SM57. Glad to hear that, mine is Japan. The Japan models are rumored to have used parts leftover from the space program, top quality stuff, but... idk if I believe that or not. Its held up really well though, so who knows.

Stockholm dude, Sunlight Studio!

If I had to take a stab at what would be the signature Gothenburg guitar tone sound i'd have to say dual mic'd 5150 or Savage for obvious reasons.

Stockholm dude, Sunlight Studio!

If I had to take a stab at what would be the signature Gothenburg guitar tone sound i'd have to say dual mic'd 5150 or Savage for obvious reasons.

Maybe I had it wrong. So Gothenburg tone would be like that Fredman Clayman sound? I like that sound too.