My first post here

Welcome.

First of all the guitars lack body, sound like they are kind of distant but not really, and need to come up a bit. The mix also lacks a lot of low end so the bass needs to be turned up.
Drums. The snare needs to come up and needs more constancy/body. This could be achieved by compression or sample replacement. Same goes with the kick although the kick is fine.
I think the vocals sound alright for the style of music, just everything needs to come up around it so that it sits nicely.

Hope it helps, but I'm sure there is a lot of people that could give far better advice than me.

I have a good idea:

Tell us all about how you recorded the song (gear/mics/positioning)- pictures would rule- and we'll try to help you out. Tell us about how you mixed it too.

The guitars are honky sounding. I would have lowered the mids on the amp a pretty decent amount. Sounds like you're pretty far form the dustcap. Try a dynamic mic on the crease between the cone and dustcap. More gain would help as well.

I don't hear much bass at all here, bring it up!

The mix is fine. I can hear everything correctly. I don't think you could make this mix sound 10x better, since the tracks are really live sounding. Is there a bass on the track yet? i guess not. If there is i would bring it up more and take out a bit of boomyness in the guitars. An appropriate reverb for the style should be added to some of the tracks. it would add space and taste to the song. good luck man!

the one guitar amp was a peavey flexwave and the other was a 6505

they were mic'd at about the same angle. it was at the edge of the cone pointing towards the dustcap. each were doubled

the drums are triggered. i took samples from the drummers kit and used those.

there is bass on the track ill turn that up though

the one guitar amp was a peavey flexwave and the other was a 6505

they were mic'd at about the same angle. it was at the edge of the cone pointing towards the dustcap. each were doubled

the drums are triggered. i took samples from the drummers kit and used those.

there is bass on the track ill turn that up though

how could i make the mix sound less "live" sounding