My Isis Thread.

Ok, so I missed Pelican; wanted to see them too. On Hydrahead, I believe? Eh, totally missed em.

Dalek was pretty much ignored since I ran into friends and had to discuss numerous important topics (like why PBR is okay to drink if it's marked $1.75 a bottle).

Heard enough of Oxes to know I want to know more. Too damned crowded in that Bottle place.

Found a good spot for ISIS, and I'm glad, cuz they killed. Very good set. Lots of new stuff I believe, because not many people seemed to recognize a lot of the material. First time I've ever seen them, and one thing I noticed was how well they sound together. From the records, you'd think it'd take overdubs and layers to create some of the sounds they achieve, but live, it's actually all there (albeit a little more stripped down). But they have an extremely solid drummer, which imo is the essential part of a good live band- one who's not afraid to pound the skins and keeps the tempo/feel solid and sure. The guitars' & keys' different effects sounded great, and their heavy sound was amazingly crushing. Definitely impossible to stop from headbanging.

Anyway, very cool show. Tonight: Cave In at the Metro.

Originally posted by Nagle
9 out of 10 sluts prefer Satyricon to the leading brand of toothpaste.
Yeah, I haven't heard any of that yet; didn't dig Rebel Extravaganza so much. It felt a bit repetitive, but maybe I didn't give it a good enough chance. Heard the new one's better though.

Yeah, they do sound big. Moreso than most 5-piece bands. They just have such an expanse to their sound that really does in my mind make them seem like their titles- celestial & oceanic.
At least they accomplish what they set out to do, which is more than I and many bandmembers can say.