My latest haul from The End... comments please...

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
Still Life vinyl

Novembre- Dreams D'Azur
Suidakra- Emprise to Avalon
Solstice- New Dark Age
The Loveless- Star Rover
Manowar- Warriors of the World
Angra- Evil Warning
Betray My Secrets- s/t
Dornenreich- Her Von Welken Nachten
Green Carnation- Journey to the End of the Night
Cruachan- Folklore
Rage- Lingua Mortis Trilogy (box with Lingua Mortis, XIII, and Ghosts)

I've only heard a few of these before ordering. Comments on them? :)

The Suidakra album is a masterpiece!! I love it heaps!

"Dreams D'azur" is great, haven't heard the others except "Journey to the end of the night" which didn't really catch my attention. If I were you, I'd buy "Nebularium" from "Disarmonia Mundi". Awesome stuff! I'm not sure if you could find it at TheEnd, so try www.gemm.com

The Green Carnation you picked up is quite good. Reminds me of Therion with the orchestra at times. Cool acoustic passages. Good album.

NP: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Beethoven's Last Night

Lina,

The singer rolls the R's because Solstice is a British band and he's got a heavy English accent which seems to sound kinda posh at times, but that's okay. :)

NP: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Beethoven's Last Night

Originally posted by Mezarkabul
Lina,

The singer rolls the R's because Solstice is a British band and he's got a heavy English accent which seems to sound kinda posh at times, but that's okay. :)
But British people don't roll their R's! :confused:

Actually, as a side note, there's this guy Tom Phillips that I know through mutual friends and see at parties all the time. And a good year after I fell in love with this Solstice album, someone bothered to tell me that he used to be in the band! :eek: :lol: wtf

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
Warriors of the World? Good lord... :lol:

For all the shit they get... this album isn't really just more of the same again (aside from the lyrics)... this has had everyone scratching their heads going 'what the FUCK??????'... and after listening to it... christ on a stick... my head hurts.

Rage- Lingua Mortis Trilogy (box with Lingua Mortis, XIII, and Ghosts)

I really love every RAGE album. Not their best ones but really very good. I'd recommend Trapped! Missing Link and Black in Mind.

Jim my man... The man who once said he couldn't carry on a single conversation with anyone who didn't own Cynic - Focus, WTF is up with spending money on manowar? :eek:

Originally posted by Legion Fan
Jim my man... The man who once said he couldn't carry on a single conversation with anyone who didn't own Cynic - Focus, WTF is up with spending money on manowar? :eek:

I expected to have totally wasted my money on it.

But I heard so many odd things about a band that's supposed to be steadfastly conservative in how they approached metal.

I had to hear it.

I've been playing it over and over nonstop all night now.

The lyrics and overall intent is still so totally fucking moronic, but the album's got a lot of experimentation on it (totally what their fans didn't want, so I gather)...

... and say whatever else you will, but Eric Adams gives the vocal performance of the year on this album. Give me a list of singers that have this variety of vocal approaches on an album. It'll be a VERY short list. I couldn't believe that was him on Nessun Dorma.

Pretty good, I really loved it when I first got it, some really good doom. Alot like In The Woods... (Well, X Botteri wrote many of the songs, so that's to be expected), but more 'metal' than them. The vocals were all done at short notice, so they are a fraction dodgy at times, but overall they are ok. Some of the songs are a little too long for their own good (feels like they're long just for the sake of being long, a couple of them get to a point where it would be natural to end, then a new riff suddenly gets introduced.....), which annoys me a little now that I'm very familiar with the album, though that's what they make the fowarding button for ;)
Still, having said that, there are some fantastic things happening in it.

Originally posted by Jim LotFP

they have it again?? looks like teh end will be recieving an order form me pretty soon :D

plus, how is that album?