My latest with a Pop Punk band...

good good man.;)
i like final result, drums sound good and all sound good balanced.;)
i love guitar sound for this style...it´s POD?
could you share preset?

Thanks guys!

I was trying to not make the production sound to metal. I hope i achieved a decent sound that fits this style. Anyone else??

Excellent... I think you need to keep a little metal influence in there for these guys as they have those little breakdowns like ADTR...

man...very good work!!really..
+1 share pod preset and postprocessing please?and please can you give more details on the master chain?maybe some screenshots please..thank you very much

sounds awesome dude:)
what you use for pitch correction
what was the details on guitar?

Thanks Brian!

Melodyne studio was used for pitch correction.

We used a Fender Telecaster with a humbucker for tracking and the pickup was a dirty finger and i believe thats a Gibson pickup. I went with the diamond plate and trendplate cab on the pod, but i did not use the tube screamer on this. Post processing was a bit of 500hz cut (2db) on one guitar and then 800hz on the other guitar with q4 eq. I always try to cut different freq on each guitar instead of the same ones. Then I used some c4 because the chugs really had a ton of low end that needed lots of taming.

There are only 2 tracks of guitar because I wanted to keep a more live feel this time around recording. Last time I recorded this band we did 4 tracks and it ended up being to much and killed the vibe i felt.

man...very good work!!really..
+1 share pod preset and postprocessing please?and please can you give more details on the master chain?maybe some screenshots please..thank you very much

I'm not around my studio computer for screen shots but my master chain is really simple...

c4 (100hz-250hz)
gclip
gclip
0zone

thank you man..last question sorry..in the pod you don't use eq right?only in the DAW?and for the pod preset,can you tell us how many bass/mid/high/presence and gain and which microphone?thank you very much..

you didn´t use EQ in POD? did you only use GATE???
and...what drive amount in pod preset?

thanks a lot for info, that sounds great, good work.;)

No eq in the pod, and yes i used the gate. The drive changed between the guitar players because of there playing. One required a bit more gain that the other guitarist. I used the least amount of gain I possibly could though, and I just used my ears.

i think the drums are too quiet. and they sound a little too metal for this music. otherwise pretty good.

Really...:erk:

I think the drums are fine in volume but I was afraid of them being to metal. The band loves this mix and most of the pop punk stuff i listen to, I hate the drum sound.

Anyone know any bands in this style that have great production and drum sounds?