My mixdown of 'The Tower'!!! Get it while it's hot!

oooarrr33

Proud new IMG Guitarist
Jun 24, 2002
Norwich, UK
Visit site
Right, here's a quick mixdown as done by me of 'The Tower. Get it here

It's only meant as a preview for those who want to hear what I sound like (god awful :p ). Rabies is going to do the final mixdown. Unless you think this one is good enough mate (which I doubt it is). Anyway, thoughts and comments welcome, enjoy!

WOW.....ahhh interesting rendition there dude.... ;)

Ok...my honest thoughts..... sounds like u can definately sing so thats pretty cool..... BUT....honestly..?? just couldnt grasp the more 'mellower' approach to a bruce dickinson song..... That song needs to be screamed like a gutted pig.... :lol:

Dont get me wrong.... u can tell you can sing and sing well.... but well have to work on finding u a more suitable song.....

on a technical level..... LOVED WHAT U DID IN THE CHORUS...!! Now that fully rocks....!! :D

Thought you could of added some reverb to your vox...it was a lil dry.... Maybe vox just a touch too loud....Im not sure...but are you singing every line seperate then 'splicing' your track together..... cause if u are you can here the splicing... if not..it must just be cracking on my end...!

Your timing and mixing skills are also pretty good..... youll fit right in with the fellow guilders thats for sure...

Overall..... i liked it.......

I agree and disagree with Medsy.

First off - my hats off to you my man. Like I said in my private messages, anybody ballsy enough to get up and sing - even record - deserves my respect.

I won't lie, I think everybody is going to be a bit turned off by the fact that you sing the entire song an octave below the original.

..but as far as I am concerned, I would rather you sing within your range and do a good job, than try to sing out of range and cock it all up by going out of tune/etc. Not everybody is blessed with the ability to get way up there in notes like Bruce.

But man..like Medsy says, the chorus mix work was very good....the verses could stand to go 'back' in the mix more (read..more reverb...or double-track). I could not hear any splicing pops on my end. I have cheap headphones on here at work though. I'll give it another listen at home.

Up to you on if you want to make the suggested changes, but this mix is certainly good enough to post up as a final vocal mix. Send me the .mp3 version and we can make sure it gets posted.

Hope you don't get offended mate. We here at the guild are all about critiquing each others work....and singers get the most comments of all...since you are at the front of the track! :D

yeah....actually rabs is right...!!

Hats off to you for singing and then posting it for us to hear..... for that u need BIG balls and full marks to you for that.....

I guess i was a lil picky in comparing you to bruce..... no-one can sing like bruce.....

And yes...it is good enough for a final mix and theres plenty of more songs ready if u wanna work on em...!

I'll check it out as soon as I get a chance oooarrr33. When I get my version of of Crazy Train uploaded somewhere the fellas will have someone else to pick on!:D

Ok...

I think it's an interesting idea to sing it the way you did. Your voice does sound seperate from the music for the most part. Maybe a little quieter vox and some reverb would help that.

Good job.

:)

I like it, good job oooaaar! :cool:

It's definitely different, but hey, what's wrong with that? I agree with Rabies that it's better (especially for singers) to adapt a song to your style than the other way around.

Cheers, and good work!

P.S. Is there anywhere that you can post the vocal track(s)? We all usually like to play around with different mixes for practice and fun, so if you can post the voc track somewhere that'd be great! :headbang:

hey now.....who is this kid singing over my "just for kicks"?

nice job man! It is different but I think it's great. You did well oooaar. Very mellow vox, I think bruce would dig it too.
but again "just for kicks" I'd like to hear a version of this song with you belting it out too, but thats up to you

oh by the way I'm MM:) cool to hear ya

7th and Constatine.

Go do yourselves a favor and get Bruce's Chemical Wedding album. Maidenman forced me to buy it...and I thank him daily for it. It features Bruce's best solo work by far..and most of the songs completely kick ass. It is very heavy and his singing on it is simply suberb....

Lol, I'd like to use my voice on some Iced Earth songs. I think my voice'd suit them better! Anyway, MM, if you are a fan of 'em, get recording Melancholy:Holy Martyr ;)

oooh BTW, I've remixed the vocals on the tower, taking into account the comments people made. I'll post it again later. Cheers!