my new guitar?

Josh Seipp

Nov 19, 2003
Baltimore
Visit site
p28703h.jpg

I think I'm gonna order this when it's in stock.

I'm a little bit worried though, since no sotres around here are carrying it, that I won't get a chance to try it out first. what do y'all think?

Schecter Black Jack models are armed with the classic Seymour Duncan JB and '59 pickup configuration, which can be 'tapped' via a push/pull tone control or a 5-way Mega Switch. Additional features include a rock maple neck set into an arched mahogany body, a rosewood fretboard, with black pearl dot position markers, high-quality Grover tuning machines, and a TonePros locking Tune-O-Matic bridge. The Black Jacks all have a very cool gloss black finish and black chrome hardware, and are available in some of Schecters most popular body styles.

The TONEPROS Bridge features a couple of nearly invisible setscrews that simply lock the bridge to the mounting posts. The idea is simple, but the benefits are exponential!

Solidify your bridge in place like stone, and it will never fall off again! No more worrying about scratching the face of your guitar or readjusting the intonation and action after a simple cleaning or changing of strings. Your guitar will sustain and play in tune like never before. Because this bridge is solidly in place, your intonation will be much more accurate, and stay that way!

I might double check with guitar center (gag) and see if they're expecting any in this week.

i looked at the 7-str schecters back when i was in nd, to avoid 6-str low tuning problems and have more chordal possibilities - i thought they were solid & sweet especially for the price. just never bought one.

this doesn't have the same make as your guitar that keeps losing that one little piece does it?

that's not bad. that's like around what it would cost to buy one of the cheaper models and put those types of pickups in anyway so that's not bad. also it probably has better wood and stuff.

i swear by the duncan JB anyway.

the cheaper model has shitty hardware and a bolt-on neck, though. also it's only available in ELECTRIC BLUE!?

also: that's awesome about the pickups. I wasn't sure if they were good or not. what do you like about the jb?

i just get a great tone from them typically. i have a JB jr. in my strat, a regular JB in my ibanez, and a JB-7 in my seven string. i mean they provide very heavy tones and have distinction and not just tons of gain.