My newest MUSIC VIDEO! (pop punk content)

Glenn Fricker

Very Metal &Very Bad News
Mar 6, 2005
22 Acacia Avenue
Hey guys,

Here's my latest music video: It's from a pop-punk album I recorded earlier this year titled, "Two Minutes in Heaven." The main theme was to have some serious fun with the video.

This was shot on July 10th, in the blistering heat. Lots of slo-mo, lots of instrument abuse. A Gibson Thunderbird bass didn't survive the day :)

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
It would have been good with no band members in it. I could not get past how douchey they all look.

The camera work etc was good. It's just the band are so punchable.

You should reshoot it and get people to punch them. It would be awesome.

Needs moar chicks and ass / boob shots..everyone likes that, heh. Other than that I enjoyed it :lol:

@thefyn: Really? I think most people on earth are douches and deserve to be hit in the face but these dudes didn't really bother me. What's wrong with them?
These guys look douchey to me:
november.jpg

Digging pretty much everything, not really a fan of that kind of music but the video and mix rock. I don't get the douche comment either?

Hey guys,

Here's my latest music video: It's from a pop-punk album I recorded earlier this year titled, "Two Minutes in Heaven." The main theme was to have some serious fun with the video.

This was shot on July 10th, in the blistering heat. Lots of slo-mo, lots of instrument abuse. A Gibson Thunderbird bass didn't survive the day :)

Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylNgHkACGLo&hd=1

did you shoot the video yourself glenn?
that's a great work, I like the video quality a lot
it's pro ;)

Yes, I shot & edited it myself using a Canon 60d, some vintage Nikon prime lenses, and a great big Bower 14mm for the Glidecam stuff.

I kept the shutter speed very high for that "Saving Private Ryan" or "Crank" effect, and it really breaks up all the water splashes. It also helps for the super slow-mo effects.

Needs moar chicks and ass / boob shots..everyone likes that,

Agreed.

In fact, these guys are very un-douche like. They show up to the studio well prepared with tempo maps, harmonies, and a working knowledge off all the songs & parts. I wish I could say the same for some of the metal projects I've worked on.

That being said, they ARE total fucking losers as they only managed to get two hot chicks to show up for the video shoot!!!:D

Great work all around. I don't know anything about video making but perhaps it could benefit from some filters to make the colours distinctly different from home-made videos?

I like the song. The video is weird in some ways. Mainly coloring and the setup of it (for example: why is the band so far spread out?). The overall vibe is good, but it woulda indeed been cool if there would have been generally more people in a "rockin' out"-situation and of course more boobs! :D

As others said: the guys don't look douchy to me either ...

Digging pretty much everything, not really a fan of that kind of music but the video and mix rock. I don't get the douche comment either?

It probably stems from my pure hatred for pop punk. I even hate the term. It's an oxymoron.

I'm a brit, and used to hang out with punks etc when I was a thrashling. What the USA did to ska and punk needs to be documented and the main culprits punished.

At least the USA gave us crossover so there is always that. I don't want to derail the thread though.

I like the song. The video is weird in some ways. Mainly coloring and the setup of it (for example: why is the band so far spread out?).

Still trying to get this color correction thing figured out. Shot it on the Technicolor low contrast profile & then colored afterwords.... figured out a different approach to color at about 4:45 am yesterday. Might re-upload it in the next day or two.

The band is spread out because I wanted them spread out.... I wanted to run with the Glidecam... usually my shoots are too cramped & i wanted to take advantage of the space available.

The overall vibe is good, but it woulda indeed been cool if there would have been generally more people in a "rockin' out"-situation and of course more boobs! :D

Agreed. We constantly reminded the band on what total losers they were as we didn't even get close to the number of extras we were hoping for.