My Nuclear Death reissues arrived!

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
Bride of Insect/Carrion for Worm and For Our Dead/All Creatures Great and Eaten

Holy fuckin' HELL. haha.

Also, Hirax's Not Dead Yet, but that's not nearly as fucked.

New Thesyre came in the mail from Osmose as well. Busy week.

I bought "Bride of Insect" on cassette MANY years ago........ it was soooo bad, I took it back into the record shop, and begged to exchange it. :lol: Ended up with a promo copy of Massacre - From Beyond. It was unlistenable, from what I recall.

jageorge72 said:
I bought "Bride of Insect" on cassette MANY years ago........ it was soooo bad

This was my memory as well.

The point of my order was to get the Hirax (on sale for 5€) but when I also saw Nuclear Death CDs on sale for 3€... well... what's another 6€? Especially since the band is nothing if not unique.

And it still pretty much sounds like the proverbial "throwing the instruments down the stairs", more or less, but it's done with such... vigor! Like the band put a lot of effort into finding a flight of stairs of just the right height, made out of material that was just so, so those crashing instruments would sound right!

You know what else I wish I could find? Mortician's House by the Cemetary CD. Without Mortal Massacre sharing the plastic with it. There's only so much Mortician one needs, after all...

jageorge72 said:
I bought "Bride of Insect" on cassette MANY years ago........ it was soooo bad.

Me three. I thought something was really wrong with the copy--like the totally messed up copy of Game Over I bought.

And it still pretty much sounds like the proverbial "throwing the instruments down the stairs", more or less, but it's done with such... vigor! Like the band put a lot of effort into finding a flight of stairs of just the right height, made out of material that was just so, so those crashing instruments would sound right!

The production almost demands that you listen to it on good headphones - very noisy release. It's actually pretty sophisticated stuff underneath the clatter - wildly inventive. I've always loved it.