My Own Grave

Apr 29, 2008
Singapore
www.pulverised.net
MyOwnGravelogo2.jpg

Band Biography:

MY OWN GRAVE was founded in April 2001 in Timrå by Anders Härén, Max Bergman and John Henriksson. With the goal to play fast, extreme metal not necessarily bound to a specific sub-genre, the band recorded four demos in four years. During this time the sound evolved and two line-up additions were made: Stefan Kihlgren joined on second guitar in 2002 and original singer Ramin Farhadian was replaced by Mikael "Aron" Aronsson in 2003. Highlights of these four years were several festival appearences alongside bands such as DISMEMBER and THE HAUNTED and a gig in Zola Predosa, Italy.

In 2004 MY OWN GRAVE signed a deal for one full-length album with Karmageddon Media (ex-Hammerheart Records) and the debut "Unleash" was recorded in the fall/winter of 2004 at Necromorbus Studio with producer Widda of DIABOLICAL. Due to turbulent times at Karmageddon the album wasn't released until January 2006 and soon after the label seemingly went out of business.

This of course screwed up promotion and tour plans and so MY OWN GRAVE decided to play along and begin writing new material. In the autumn of 2006 they contacted Pulverised Records and an agreement was made. The new material will spawn a five-song EP entitled "Unholy", produced once again at Necromorbus by Widda and the release is set to early 2007. The main lyrical theme is once again an attack against the hypocritical world of organized religion.

MyOwnGravepicture.jpg

Country Of Origin: Sweden

Line-up:

Mikael Aronsson - Vocals
Anders Härén - Guitar
Stefan Kihlgren - Guitar
John Henriksson - Drums
Max Bergman - Bass

Discography:

'Unholy' MCD 2007
'Unleash' CD 2006
'Progression Through Deterioration' Demo 2004
'Blood And Ashes' Demo 2003
'Dissection Of A Mind' Demo 2002
'New Path/ Same Path' Demo 2001

Official website: http://www.myowngrave.com
Myspace page: www.myspace.com/myowngraveyard

Hey boys. Finally signed up here at the forums, and I come bearing news regarding our upcoming album. The following is taken from our forum over at http://www.globaldomination.se:

"Finally after many months in the planning we are happy to deliver some news about the upcoming album.

The album will be called "Necrology" and the lyrical theme is death and how it has shaped humanity and history.

We will begin recording the drums on September 1st at Studio Domsaga in Sundsvall and the rest will be recorded at our own studio. Mixing and mastering will be done by Dan Swanö at Unisound. The plan is to be finished with the recording before the end of 2008.

The album will be released by Pulverised Records approximately before the summer of 2009. We all know how much can go wrong with release dates so that's about as precise as we dare to be.

We're 95% settled with the cover artist and when that's official we'll post that info too." (...)

Hey boys. Finally signed up here at the forums, and I come bearing news regarding our upcoming album. The following is taken from our forum over at http://www.globaldomination.se:

"Finally after many months in the planning we are happy to deliver some news about the upcoming album.

The album will be called "Necrology" and the lyrical theme is death and how it has shaped humanity and history.

We will begin recording the drums on September 1st at Studio Domsaga in Sundsvall and the rest will be recorded at our own studio. Mixing and mastering will be done by Dan Swanö at Unisound. The plan is to be finished with the recording before the end of 2008.

The album will be released by Pulverised Records approximately before the summer of 2009. We all know how much can go wrong with release dates so that's about as precise as we dare to be.

We're 95% settled with the cover artist and when that's official we'll post that info too." (...)

Hey Aronsson,

I was just going to post this news up, but you beat me to it :p

I will still post it up in the normal thread anyway.

Ah... Should have known that one of you guys were on this. I saw you had this news up on the myspace site, too. You´re all swifter than Jedis, aren´t you? Haha...