My son's 1st concert

Arrowheadian

His Royal Feculence
Jan 11, 2008
Lake Arrowhead, DUH!
Last night my 14 year old son and I went to see Chris Cornell at the Anaheim House of Blues. We were 10 feet from the stage and Cornell kicked ass! I love the fact that my boy shares a lot of my tastes in music so we can share the experience.

Cornell's set list was all over his career from early Soundgarden to his brand new solo album. The thing that impressed me the most was when it was just him on stage playing acoustic guitar and still nailing the high notes! The HOB is a great venue to see a concert as you can never be more than 70 feet away from the stage anywhere in the house. I was a bit deaf this morning and my ears are still ringing but it was still great for the two of us. :headbang:

That's awesome man! What did he think, being pretty close to the stage and all?
My son is 11, and we shared our first concert together last November (and then saw the same band again in May and September). He ended up getting stuff from the band at 2 of those concerts.
It's cool having a kid who shares your musical tastes, isn't it?:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Robby

I took my daughter to Aerosmithin the 90's ( she was 12) and my son to see Robert Plant a few years ago( he was 14), she loved it ...........he fell asleep.

Latest rumor on Zep is they will tour without Plant...LOL

Led Zep without Plant is kinda like a sandwich with no bread.

That's awesome man! What did he think, being pretty close to the stage and all?

It's cool having a kid who shares your musical tastes, isn't it?:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Robby

Robby,

The old saying,"you live and learn" is appropriate here. Don't get me wrong, being so close to the stage was great with a couple exceptions. First, I think we would have heard the music better from the back of the room. Secondly, if I go to the House of Blues again I will wear earplugs. I was a little concerned about my hearing the day after as my it was really tweaked and I had bad ringing as well.

Having music to share with your kids is the best. None of that "listening to the old man's lame music" in my house!

Congrats on sharing such a fantastic experience with your son. There is nothing better than time well spent. Both of you will look back on that night with lots of great memories. There's just something about seeing your child moved by the music they love. Smartest thing is to bring ear protection - that way, the music still comes through but the loudness doesn't kill their hearing! Good idea for the adults too...

My 11yr. old son doesn't know it yet, but Daddy has tickets to take him to see Dragonforce (w/Turisas & PowerGlove) tomorrow night at Showbox SoDo.

Nate's first rock concert was for his 6th birthday. We took him to see his favorite band KISS play with Aerosmith. He had on his KISS shirt and had his face painted like Peter Criss' LOL. He was in heaven watching that show. Biggest grin I've ever seen from him! Of course, that night he was up way past his normal 6yr. old bedtime (of 7:30). He was fighting the sleepies for KISS' last couple of songs but he wouldn't let himself fall asleep before they were done. He did however, fall asleep shortly after Aerosmith started. He'd wake up every couple of songs and we finally took him home since we'd already seen them a couple of times before.

Hmm...since then, Nate's seen: Foo Fighters (2x), Weezer, Bon Jovi, Goo Goo Dolls, Blue Man Group, Projekt Revolution (an all day music festival with Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance & a whole bunch of other bands) and he's also coming with us to see AC/DC on Nov. 30th :headbang:

~Missy

Stryder,

I don't know if you've been to Hollywood Bowl before but it is one of the best places in my opinion to see a show. My wife and I saw the Police there in May and the sound was great, atmosphere was great and also set up for screen viewing from all parts of the arena. I hope you enjoy your show! Cheers!

The Hollywood Bowl is the best place I have ever been to for a concert , PERIOD! I had a great time great seats and the atmosphere was also great , the sound .....the screens , the people the WOMAN !!!!! Very hot to look at , hey it's hollywood , even saw some guys that wore more make-up than my Ex , never mind that ...LOL and Van Morrison was excellent, hint ...when the lights go out take a giant breath in and hold it ........very GREEN VIBE.

BTW it was my first time there, if you have never been there it was as great an experience for me as the Taj Mahal , The pyramids or Pisa , it is truly a wonder of the world MUST SEE!

The Tacoma Dome is now second place.