My soul has been synthesized!

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
Hey boB!

I finaly got the CD in the mail two days ago and have listened to it a few times, and it was a pleasent suprize!!!!:headbang:

"Shut it Down" and "Age of Mystics" are probably my two fave's off the CD, the guitar/bass interplay on these songs are awsome! And I about fell over when I heard this one familiar son on the album... it's a cover of "Put it Off" by Non-Fiction!!! Damn! !:eek: And it sounds killer!!! That was a great song to cover, not to mention that it wouldn't even cross many bands minds on doing a Non-Fiction tune...a very original choice!

The overall feel of the album is dark and mystic, and I can hear several influences from early Fates Warning and Watchtower to Hades and Helstar!

Once i've had a chance to listen to this some more... I'll be passing it around to the K5 guys for them to check out, I know they'll dig it, especially Curtis!

I was really impressed with the drum programming! I know that it can be VERY tedious to work with and very time consuming if your using odd meter and arrangements! Kudos! I can't help but imagine how the material would sound if you had someone like Richard Christy or Zonder doing the drum tracks! Is there a chance that you guys will be making HEX a live act soon? or bringing in a drummer for the next recording?

Great job boB, I can tell a lot of work went into it, and it paid off! Awsome material!

\m/
Dustin

Dustin said:
Hey boB!

I finaly got the CD in the mail two days ago and have listened to it a few times, and it was a pleasent suprize!!!!:headbang:

"Shut it Down" and "Age of Mystics" are probably my two fave's off the CD, the guitar/bass interplay on these songs are awsome! And I about fell over when I heard this one familiar son on the album... it's a cover of "Put it Off" by Non-Fiction!!! Damn! !:eek: And it sounds killer!!! That was a great song to cover, not to mention that it wouldn't even cross many bands minds on doing a Non-Fiction tune...a very original choice!

The overall feel of the album is dark and mystic, and I can hear several influences from early Fates Warning and Watchtower to Hades and Helstar!

Once i've had a chance to listen to this some more... I'll be passing it around to the K5 guys for them to check out, I know they'll dig it, especially Curtis!

I was really impressed with the drum programming! I know that it can be VERY tedious to work with and very time consuming if your using odd meter and arrangements! Kudos! I can't help but imagine how the material would sound if you had someone like Richard Christy or Zonder doing the drum tracks! Is there a chance that you guys will be making HEX a live act soon? or bringing in a drummer for the next recording?

Great job boB, I can tell a lot of work went into it, and it paid off! Awsome material!

\m/
Dustin

Hey Dustin,

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm really glad you're digging the CD so far. 'shut it down' and 'age of mystics' were originally released on a demo CD entitled 'Soul Fragments' at last year's ProgPower. For this CD, though, I remixed them and re-recorded a couple of parts that were nagging at me.

It was alot of fun doing the Non-Fiction cover, especially because of its uniqueness. Non-Fiction and Hades are both big influences for Dan and me, and we wanted to show that in some tangible way - i.e. covering 'put it off'. Expect us on future CDs to cover other songs like this, that are not so popular!

Fates Warning, Watchtower, Hades, and Helstar are all favorite bands of ours. As many have done, we wore grooves in these LPs from playing them soooo much :)

And, yes, Dan did a great job on the drum programming. We have considered adding a "real" drummer to the band, but have been hesitant because of the added complication. Drum programming makes the writing and recording process simpler, faster, and even less expensive - primarily because Dan and I live 1000 miles apart! That said, if Mark Zonder or anyone else is interested in playing on the next HEX CD, let me know.

We hope to do a show or 2 this year, but it will depend on a lot of factors. Again, our disparate locations pose a significant problem here.

Producing this CD was ALOT of work, as anyone whose done this before knows. Dan and I did everything ourselves, and the last 2 months have been entirely consumed by finsihing this thing up. Were glad its finished, and thankful that folks are liking it so far.

Bob