My version of Dressed to kill

Ferrari

Shredder from hell
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and I'm willing to stay!! So, here's my attemp at one of my favourite SX songs!! I tried to sound as close as the original. I've never recorded a complete song before, and never worked with VSTs and Cubase before etc... I'm still learning!! Well, here it is!!. Comments about the mix are especially appreciated :):

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (2) Ferrari - Dressed to kill (Symphony x cover).mp3

In the solo there are a couple of licks missing... and the harmony guitar in the middle... I'm still working on that :p

See ya!!!

Edit: Is this post well placed? If it isnt so, please let me know. Sorry :$

Reactions: 1by4by9
Since it's no doubt going to be asked eventually, what gear & setup have you used to record this?

Because the quality & mix is great.

Hey! Thanks a lot for the feedback! :cool: .

Since it's no doubt going to be asked eventually, what gear & setup have you used to record this?

Because the quality & mix is great.
This is what I used for this one:

Guitar: Yamaha RGX420S
Pickups: EMG 81 (rhythm guitar), EMG 85 (solo)
Distortion: Line6 Flextone III XL (rhythm guitar), Marshall Shred Master (solo). Click [ here ] if you want to download the preset used for rhythm guitar.
Sequencer: Cubase SX 2.0.1 Build7.
VSTs & plugins dx: Edirol Orchestal, Broomstick Bass, EZDrummer DFH, Ultrafunk Sonitus (fx Modulator & f:rofl:elay)
Cables: Cordial CGK 122 N (Jack-Jack) and another pair of Cordial (XLR-Jack)
Soundcard: Terratec Phase 24 FW
Picks: Dunlop Jazz III black
Strings: Dean Markley Signature Series (MED 11-52)

Hope someday to record a song of my own...

See you around! :wave:

Yay or EMG pickups. I'd still be an EMG person if Dimarzio's weren't just as good for like half the price.

You're tuned down to C, aren't you?

Yay or EMG pickups. I'd still be an EMG person if Dimarzio's weren't just as good for like half the price.

You're tuned down to C, aren't you?
yeah man! EMGs are quite expensive, but i dont care! i love them! muahahaha I used to play with a stratocaster loaded with PAf pros, and they sounded great too! The pickups are the only thing left, but dont have any guitar to place them :| ...

Well, i wanted to tune down to C but 011 were too loose, so i tuned up to C# ... I neeed a 7 string guitar!!! jejeje

BTW; what "Yay or" means? :$ :$ :$ :$

I fucking love your lead tone :headbang:
I love it too! I'm proud of that tone. Most of it comes from the shred master. Here's how i have it set up for this solo:

shredmasterku6.jpg

And then it comes through the Flextone...

flexpn7.jpg

Thanks for taking the time! :)

Awesome. very clean. and much better than i could have done.

thanks! where can I listen to your playing?

wow... Making a song like that purely on your own is pretty amazing!

And a pain in the ass!! hahaha but i truly enjoyed the process :D

Ferrari what are you using for a cpu, hard drives , ram and so forth?

Nice nickname! hehe Well, here we go:

Ram - 1 GB DDR SDRAM
CPU - Pentuim IV - 2.4Mhz (18x133)
HD - Seagate Barracuda ST360021A 60GB 7200 RPM Ultra-ATA/100
OS - Win XP professional SP II
Monitors - Creative Inspire P5800

I wish i had more time to post here more often :| ...

See you