My wishes for the next Brainstorm album sound !

DREAMASTER

Iron In The Soul
Apr 1, 2002
PORTUGAL
www.metal-rules.com
Lately I found myself playing repeatedly the Ambiguity and Metus Mortis albums and letting the ST and LM in the shelve.
For some reason, lately ST and mainly LM bores me and my interest for the first two albums have risen(yes, I still don't own them).
Maybe for this, I wish the next Brainstorm album would sound like a mix between Ambiguity and MM, thrashier, fast and melodic like "Perception of Life" song, will those beautiful melodic solos.

Cheers
D.

DREAMASTER said:
For some reason, lately ST and mainly LM bores me and my interest for the first two albums have risen(yes, I still don't own them).

Get them!
DREAMASTER said:
Maybe for this, I wish the next Brainstorm album would sound like a mix between Ambiguity and MM.

I wish it would be more like a mix of MM, Ambiguity and a bit of LM. ST is also not my favourite, a bit to oriental i think, but there are some good songs.

Lets be surprised what the next album is like, anyway i´m sure it will be :headbang:

regards
Sebastian

xshadowsoulsx said:
i only have LM and Ambiguity, do the other ones have different sounds? i probably should get them though

Get the Unholy and Hungry. They have different sound because Andy just joined the Band after the Unholy Album. I seriously like the old ones too. They're a bit harder than the new ones.
And don't forget to get the Metus Mortis, thats a Masterpiece too :headbang: (If you then get Soul Temptation you have them all :D )

regards
Sebastian

sj said:
ST is also not my favourite, a bit to oriental i think
oh man, I just love the Trinity Of Lust...those 3 songs kick unholy ass :kickass:

Metus Mortis didn't catch my fancy much, but Soul Temptation and Liquid Monster are both fucking stellar...so for me, Brainstorm has gotten better with age :)

I think a mixture of "Ambiguity", "MM" and "ST" would be the best mixture, since I think those 3 are Brainstorm's best.

Or maybe they should try to get a album that doesn't sound like any of the other ones ? I think that Liquid Monster mainly was just a bad copy of the 3 I mentioned. I just feel when listening to it, "shit, feels like i've heard this before".

DREAMASTER said:
I wish the next Brainstorm album would sound like a mix between Ambiguity and MM.

I am all with you. MM is IMO still the best Brainstorm album. However, I find BS need to move on in some way. Can´t really describe it, ST and LM are without a doubt good albums, but still I only play MM or Ambiguity if I want to hear Brainstorm. They are kind of stagnating on a high level, and that can also get boring over time. Just my opinion. Don´t get me wrong, BS still rocks, and I will take care that I see them live at least once this year again ! :kickass:

Traveler In Time said:
I think that they should come with some thrashier riffs and faster songs, some like Hungry, it would be great...!

I agree. LM is definitely missing some of the thrashier moments of the previous discs. I hope Brainstorm incorporates some thrash back into the band's sound. LM is the only Brainstorm disc I don't like.

Traveler In Time said:
Surely it is, unfortunately the don't play any song from it in their current tour.. :erk:

Andy has joined the band for the Ambiguity album, so i cant understand that they probably not wish to play that much Hungry songs. Also it seems to be the developement that they play the liquid monster style and not the hungry style.

Anyhow, i agree the hungry is underrated, i like it (and the unholy) very much because of its damn fucking power :headbang:. But its all searching the needle in the haystack, if i dont take a soooo closer look, i like all Brainstorm songs.

regards
Sebastian

slowing down: I don't think so.. they have gotten more diverse, but Metus Mortis was thrashier than any other, after that it got more diverse again. But there are always fast songs. At one point some I thought both bands came very close but with the past few albums they clearly went their own way again I think. Symphorce has gotten much more modern IMO.

All Those Words: it's funny, I love the thrashier side the most, but this song always instantly made me feel good from the first second. When I felt stressed out I only had to go to the website where at the time I had the video streaming and I would instantly feel myself unwind ;)

I can't really pick a favorite sound.. well the later albums I guess productionwise. But I also still enjoy the spontaneity (sp?) of Hungry a LOT too! And I have favorite songs on every album...