Nachtmystium "Reign of the Malicious" PICLP

M.Lehto

Jun 25, 2002
If anyone here's interested, I'll paste this here too.

Ahdistuksen Aihio Production presents:

Nachtmystium "Reign of the Malicious" PICLP

Details:Raw Hateful Black Metal! Originally released on CD by Regimental Records and on LP by Sombre Records in the year of 2002. This album hasn’t been available for a long time but now we finally decided to release it on PICLP and give it the merit it deserves.
"Reign..." album could have been released 10years ago and it would still have the same aura surrounding it. The direction of this album is more in the vein of early '90s and can’t be associated with Nachtmystium’s current unique expression of Black Metal. Recently Nachtmystium made a pact with French label Drakkar Productions for their third full length.

EDIT - Link would be great to add, so www.ahdistuksenaihio.com

So.. the only thing I've heard by these guys is "Demise", and it sounded pretty awesome. I assume it's worth checking out more?

Nachtmystium so far for me has been hit or miss. I've heard some of their newer stuff, but some songs are crap. For example, on the Xasthur/Nachtmystium 7'' split, that song is awful, unoriginal, boring, and uninspired. I wouldnt mind checking out some of their other stuff though.

As far for American BM goes, I think my favourites are Weakling's "Dead as Dreams", Wind of the Black Mountains' "Sing Thou Unholy Servants", and Xasthur's "Nocturnal Poisoning". There's a lot more I need to hear, and it's far from my favourite kind of music, but it's a good when I'm in the mood.

Demilich said:
As far for American BM goes, I think my favourites are Weakling's "Dead as Dreams", Wind of the Black Mountains' "Sing Thou Unholy Servants", and Xasthur's "Nocturnal Poisoning". There's a lot more I need to hear, and it's far from my favourite kind of music, but it's a good when I'm in the mood.

There is also Crebain. I haven't heard his full lengths, but the split he did with Leviathan is GODLY.

Based on that, Crebain > Leviathan

Xasthur is also overrated. I'm afraid it's true people. It's just the same ol' same ol' from him now. Quantity does not equal quality.

So, what we have now is,

Crebain > Leviathan > Xasthur

And then there is Weakling. Yes, it's long as a 'whole' but if you split it up, it becomes better than anything mentioned yet. Hmmm.....

Weakling > Crebain > Leviathan > Xasthur

Now you have Ludicra. On par with Leviathan....

Weakling > Crebain > Leviathan = Ludicra > Xasthur

I know nothing about Judas Iscariot or Grand Belial's Key, Absu, or Averse Sefira (but intrigued by the latter two).

Oh yeah, then there's Krieg. There last one is supposed to be phenomenal, but anything before that is crud.

Azrael are good, but I'm yet to be fully sold on them.

Weakling and GBK are the only AMerican BM bands that interest me. Granted, I'm interested in latter-day Absu, but haven't heard any.

Judas Iscariot blows.

We need some American Pagan Metal bands.

Judas Iscariot's "The Cold Earth Slept Below" is pretty damn good after the first couple of songs (which are boring).

Absu's "Tara" is VERY overrated if you ask me. The music just sounds dull and repetitive.

Agalloch, Pagan? Yeah, I guess, though they aren't commonly thrown into that genre. More often they're thrown in with Empyrium, and neo-folk stuffs.

JayKeeley said:
There is also Crebain. I haven't heard his full lengths, but the split he did with Leviathan is GODLY.

Based on that, Crebain > Leviathan

Xasthur is also overrated. I'm afraid it's true people. It's just the same ol' same ol' from him now. Quantity does not equal quality.

So, what we have now is,

Crebain > Leviathan > Xasthur

And then there is Weakling. Yes, it's long as a 'whole' but if you split it up, it becomes better than anything mentioned yet. Hmmm.....

Weakling > Crebain > Leviathan > Xasthur

Now you have Ludicra. On par with Leviathan....

Weakling > Crebain > Leviathan = Ludicra > Xasthur

I know nothing about Judas Iscariot or Grand Belial's Key, Absu, or Averse Sefira (but intrigued by the latter two).

Oh yeah, then there's Krieg. There last one is supposed to be phenomenal, but anything before that is crud.

Best. Post. EVAR. This looks like the answer key to a word problem in some high school math class!

I've recently gotten into these guys. They're not bad, but their releases kind of lacking in my opinion (my main grumble is that awful drum machine). I think they have in them to do something spectacular in the future however if they can get their act together (pun intended).

I have "Reign of the Malicious" on original LP, presumably OOP HTP RARE KVLT BURZUM L@@K now, and it pretty much sucks so I will sell or trade it to anyone who might think otherwise.

Erik said:
I have "Reign of the Malicious" on original LP, presumably OOP HTP RARE KVLT BURZUM L@@K now, and it pretty much sucks so I will sell or trade it to anyone who might think otherwise.

Have anykind of wantlist? I offer you Drudkh - The Swan Road LP for it, or maybe something else.

PM me about it anyway.