Name your favorite NWOBHM band that did not make it big

Originally posted by Hawk
Spider was a Status Quo [the band] clone. They were quite populair in England in the early 80s

Yeah, now you mention it, that's what I guess I'd compare 'em to! Why D'Ya Lie To Me is pure Quo! The B-side is good though cos it's actually got some balls - whoever plays the solos is pretty good!

Yea! They were a pretty good band. A shame that they disapeared into obscurity. But that is the story of a lot of NWOBHM bands. You should hear "Stormchild" from Tresspass. That's a great song.

Anyway, Spider were pretty populiar in those day. I believe the single you have did well on the single chart too. Top 25 material if I am not mistaken.

NEVER sell it and keep enjoying it. :)

O, and you can find some info about them here:

http://www.nwobhm.com/spider.htm

Just found this board ...fuckin great topic!

1. LEGEND (from the Channel Islands) - The most unique and argueably one of the most talented NWOBHM band of all time.

2. WITCHFNINDER GENERAL - Pure heaviness a la Sabbath style. Death Penalty is NWOBHM classic!

3. SWEET SAVAGE - What if Vivian Campbell never left?? That demo and the few singles that were released completely blow away the "Killing Time" and "Rune"CD's.

4. ANGEL WITCH - Kevin Heybourne never received the respect or notoriety he so truly deserves for taking part of one the greatest metal albums of all time.

5. SILVER MOUNTAIN - Some may not consider them a traditional NWOBHM band, but I do.

Reactions: OzzyIsDio
Originally posted by Electric Savage
Just found this board ...fuckin great topic!

1. LEGEND (from the Channel Islands) - The most unique and argueably one of the most talented NWOBHM band of all time.

2. WITCHFNINDER GENERAL - Pure heaviness a la Sabbath style. Death Penalty is NWOBHM classic!

3. SWEET SAVAGE - What if Vivian Campbell never left?? That demo and the few singles that were released completely blow away the "Killing Time" and "Rune"CD's.

4. ANGEL WITCH - Kevin Heybourne never received the respect or notoriety he so truly deserves for taking part of one the greatest metal albums of all time.

5. SILVER MOUNTAIN - Some may not consider them a traditional NWOBHM band, but I do.

O yea! let's run by the bands your naming [this is great!]

Legend, Indeed a killer band did you know that just now they released their long awaited "Anthology" album? I got it last week. It has all their material on it.

The debut album "Legend"
Their second album "Death in the nursery"
The "Frontline EP"
And a rare demo from '83

Here's more info about it:

http://www.cicd.com/legend/

Witchfindergeneral. I liked them in their beginnings. They had a great Sabbath sound. I have their "Burn the sinner" single on heavy metal records.
Later the bands started to sound more generic.

Sweet Savage. Indeed too bad they did not recieve the status they deserved. I have a cd that is called "Take no prisoners" does it have the material you mean?

Angelwitch, nough said. Great band

Silver Mountian. I can see why you want to include them in the NWOBHM. Even though they were from Sweden!! :lol: I still have some material from them. Did they not have a track called "Heavy metal heaven"?

Originally posted by Hawk
Anyway, Spider were pretty populiar in those day. I believe the single you have did well on the single chart too. Top 25 material if I am not mistaken.

NEVER sell it and keep enjoying it. :)

I will obey :D and cheers for the URL!

Sweet Savage. Indeed too bad they did not recieve the status they deserved. I have a cd that is called "Take no prisoners" does it have the material you mean?

I'm just talking about the collection of demos and singles I've accumulated over the years. I haven't heard of that one. What are the tracks? Shoot me an e-mail at electric2112@aol.com.

Silver Mountian. I can see why you want to include them in the NWOBHM. Even though they were from Sweden!!

I've always loved this band. A freind of mine picked up a collection of demos that were bootlegged. These recordings are KILLER!

As for LEGEND, I recently picked up the release on Monster Records. As a matter of fact, I just got the t-shirt from the site. Disappointing quality though, it looked like it was printed on a bubble jet printer and ironed on.

I used to have that NWOBHM 2-disk set, but can't remember much off it, especially those I really liked. Diamond Head is the only one I actually have CDs of unless you count Iron Maiden and Def Leppard. They were in there.

There was Venom, Saxon ("Motorcycle Maaaaaaann!"), Budgie, Girlschool, etc.:devil:

Hah, decided to resurrect a really old thread.

Tokyo Blade (original line-up)
Salem
Saracen
Battleaxe
Wildfire
Pagan Altar
Quartz

Girlschool in particular for me. But also:

Diamond Head (as many have said)
Demon
Pagan Altar
Grim Reaper
Satan

Plus many more including ones where only one album or even one song really caught my attention.

Reactions: Wyvern
O yea! let's run by the bands your naming [this is great!]

Legend, Indeed a killer band did you know that just now they released their long awaited "Anthology" album? I got it last week. It has all their material on it.

The debut album "Legend"
Their second album "Death in the nursery"
The "Frontline EP"
And a rare demo from '83

Took me 19 years to answer :)

After I saw them live at KIT in 2013 I sparked some interest, and then yes I bought that anthology sometime after.

'Why don't you kill me?' is probable my favorite song from them.

Reactions: Hawk
Took me 19 years to answer :)

After I saw them live at KIT in 2013 I sparked some interest, and then yes I bought that anthology sometime after.

'Why don't you kill me?' is probable my favorite song from them.

Well, better late than never. :lol:

'Why don't you kill me?' is indeed a great song.

Reactions: Wyvern
100 % Proof
Avenger
Baby Tuckoo
Battleaxe
Black Rose
Blitzkrieg
Bronz
Chariot
Chateaux
Chrome Molly
Cloven Hoof