Napalm Death & Carcass do Death

thespectralsorrows

Metal Lord
Jun 19, 2002
Laurel, MD USA
groups.yahoo.com
NAPALM DEATH bassist Shane Embury has issued the following update via the band’s official website (www.enemyofthemusicbusiness.com):

“Hi there, sorry I haven't posted anything lately, been insanely busy doing press for the new Napalm album.

Anyways, me and Barney went down to Andy Sneap’s studio in Derbyshire Easter Monday to record some guest bass and vocals on James Murphy's DEATH tribute album. Driven there by our trusty friend Mole, we met up with a few old friends you may have heard of. Namely Bill Steer, Ken Owen and Jeff Walker from CARCASS.

Barney recorded vocals to ‘Babtised In Blood’ and I recorded the bass for the track ‘Pull The Plug’, which also featured Bill on guitar! That track is the first recording me and Bill have done together since 1989's Mentally Murdered EP.

Needless to say it was a fun day catching up and a total blast from the past.”

Sounds pretty awesome, I'm sure this will lead to some rumors of Carcass reforming though that seems unlikely.

Great news, but I think a Carcass reformation is unlikely. I don't think Ken's up to it physically any more.

Good to hear, I'm glad pull the plug is going to be on the cd.

A carcass reunion would be amazing but it doesn't really seem likely.

if there was a carcass reunion id probably go insane.
anything with steer writing metal would be sick.
he wrote some fabulous riffs/leads.
whatever they have fun doing though...

both bands have been 2 of my all-time favorites since junior high back in like 1990.

What happened to Ken? And why'd they break up in the first place? Lastly, what's everyone besides Mike Amott doing now?

I don't know exactly why Carcass broke up (Bill left first) and then Blackstar brokeup after only 1 unsuccessful release. Bill Steer is busy with Firebird who have released 3 CD's of 60's/70's style hard rock. Ken had a brain injury or stroke type of thing that almost killed him, Jeff and Carlos have done nothing since that I'm aware of.

coolsnow7 said:
What happened to Ken? And why'd they break up in the first place? Lastly, what's everyone besides Mike Amott doing now?

thespectralsorrows said:
Jeff and Carlos have done nothing since that I'm aware of.
Don't know about Carlos but Jeff's recently co-produced Diamanthian's debut album as well as doing guest vocals on the new Napalm Death and To Separate The Flesh From The Bones albums. He also guested on a cover of Carcass' Death Certificate with Maple Cross at the Liverpool and London dates of their recent UK tour with Diamanthian.

well, the barbed wire soul album wasnt really "my thing" to much rock influenced ,the vox werent that good either...to bad they didnt keep their style they had on swansong album who is a 10 of 10 album. all the way up

carcass reunion woul dbe spectacular, but like most said, doubtful it will happen, although i heard rumors of a carcass and an at the gates reunion. that would be great.

i dont know if any of your heard but jeff walker has a solo album comming out called welcome to carcass cuntry. its not anything like carcass though, its all country and blues cover songs with a heavier twist i think.

but the album does also have Ken Owen and Bill Steer on it so thats a plus. should be an interesting album as long as you go in open mindned and dont expect another carcass akbum or anything