Napalm Records remove content from Spotify

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Taken from the Napalm website.....

In light of recent events, we would like to announce that Napalm Records will no longer offer its products via streaming sites such as Spotify, Simfy, etc. As previously reported on various online publications, the income generated through streaming is so insignificant that neither we, as a record company, nor our artists are able to further support this method of distribution. We have absolutely nothing against innovative software or new methods of distribution, but do object to price models that endanger our existence and that of our bands. We hope that our customers and fans will understand the necessity of this decision. If possible, we will continue to offer snippet versions via streaming sites, enabling fans to preview two songs of our current and upcoming releases.

Interesting. Never ever had an interest in things such as Spotify, Pandora, Rhapsody, etc. myself, though I know a few people who love to use them. I think, though, that if it's affecting the income, it's probably for the better that they do this. I'm sure plenty of people are upset by this though.

I did used to use Spotify to check out albums before I bought them - but due to labels, well, seeing sense, the amount of metal on there is now so pathetic I barely use it any more.
It's a shame, because it was a great idea for a service, it's just not working out.