Neal

mReEtTaIlRsEkD

New Metal Member
Oct 4, 2002
I was watching Chasing Amy and I noticed something I never have before.
A Steel Reserve poster on the bathroom door in the dart scene, haha!
Must have been a shitty bar.

I'm with James here. Chasing Amy is one of the most emotionally dynamic movies to come outta the 90s. Smith balanced the funny and the absurd with real feelings.

Those who expected bone-head dick jokes wall to wall would obviously be disappointed, but IMHO Chasing Amy is AS funny, if not MORE funny than the rest of his work. The context of heartbreak increases the humour, because it's a hella lot more tangible.

I find it hard to watch Chasing Amy and not be moved. I think those who generally don't like it come from a later period of Geek-Elitism when K. Smith began to change the tone of his movies. Coming off the back of Clerks and Mallrats I semi-hoped Chasing Amy would have more of the emotional edge that Clerks displayed on occasion. It's real film making folks, and it deserves credit, regardless of whether you wanted more dick jokes and pop-culture references.

Enemy242 said:
chasing amy was pretty unfunny and too love story lame. i was expecting jay and silent bob strike back kind of funnyness.

so by funnyness you mean inane "potty humor"?

Chasing Amy is fantastic.

pshaw! kids these days.........

Seriously.
The movie really is a dialogical masterpiece more so than any of his other movies, the original Clerks included.

eh, i saw the movies in order (still havent seen all of j&sb strike back or clerks 2) so im not late to the party or whatever, i just didnt find it as enjoyable overall. there are some good parts, but so much whining and hurt feelings. its a chick flick.

Nothing special, really. But weird. I rarely dream about board people. I may be here too much.

Anyway, I was at a music store with Frinya and you and maybe someone else and some band called Poisonblack had an album called Metal Skater and we deduced that was where you got your name and we shrugged.