Near sighted hardcore super group

The double tracking of the vocals sounds a bit Devin Townsend, doesn't really suit the song and pulls them out the middle a bit.

Vocals were actually triple tracked, I just used what was sent to me to mix. But if the 3x track is the only thing, I am stoked :)

I liked the song, but the mix definitely needs work. Nothing is glueing together, it all sounds way too separate. I think it's from the lack of low end. The drums sound way too fake for this genre, humanize the hell out of them. They're also way too upfront.

And the triple tracked vocals, obvious Misery Signals fans. I know I'm guilty of trying to get my band to do L-C-R vocals :eek:

i would love to comment but i actually suck at recording. all i know is that to glue a track together i use the Waves SSL G Master Buss Comp.

i was just craning my neck in here! song whoops ass! a real crowbar over the head! if this was my swan song i'd be cocky if i were you!

drums sound amaing.... guitar tone fits well..... but dude, make that bass NASTY. this mix needs it.

even if it's a dupe track tucked down low....get it super over saturated, LP the fuck out of it and glue it around where the kick is most dominant w/EQ...

your mixes always rule!!!

I like the guitars and the drums, although on the double time gallop they suddenly sound very digital. The bass tone is just wrong for this sort of thing tho. You need a rounder old-school Fender type of sound IMO.

What did you do the guitars with?

I actually have the non-programmed tracks for this song, go figure.

Entire mix lacks power/balls IMO, drums sound really fake and undynamic. Not really digging the vocal layering, just sounds unfocused.

Sometimes you make me wanna say, "awww, would you like a cookie? How about a gold star next to your name on the wall?"

Sorry dude but some (a lot) of the stuff you say is uncalled for.

You're taking what I said the wrong way.

"Go figure," in this case, means "small world." In no way, shape, or form was I belittling Peter or trying to 'one up' him.

What my statement meant was: "I am good friends with the singer/songwriter in this band and will be mixing the next song they release after this one."

I actually have the non-programmed tracks for this song, go figure.

Entire mix lacks power/balls IMO, drums sound really fake and undynamic. Not really digging the vocal layering, just sounds unfocused.

Andrew came down last week before his band left for europe to track the last few lines of this song on vocals. But i just used what was given to me. Send me the non programmed tracks though dude, i totally would want to hear them to see if they can be used at all.

drums sound amaing.... guitar tone fits well..... but dude, make that bass NASTY. this mix needs it.

even if it's a dupe track tucked down low....get it super over saturated, LP the fuck out of it and glue it around where the kick is most dominant w/EQ...

your mixes always rule!!!

I wasnt given a DI, bass was just a sans amp RBI. I have to go back in and take out the verb, but i'll check that out too. :) Thanks man, means a lot

I like the guitars and the drums, although on the double time gallop they suddenly sound very digital. The bass tone is just wrong for this sort of thing tho. You need a rounder old-school Fender type of sound IMO.

What did you do the guitars with?

I was told guitars were AxeFX.

although i felt the bass tone fit very well. Nicely driven. I love the tone that was given :) But hey man, that's just me

I was told guitars were AxeFX.

although i felt the bass tone fit very well. Nicely driven. I love the tone that was given :) But hey man, that's just me

I just think it's too scooped sounding. Using Converge as my reference for any hardcore they use a classic Fender P Bass tone with (some) mids left in.