Nearfest 2007 looking great!!

Angrafan

Feb 26, 2002
South Florida
Visit site
To be totally honest, I wasn't really thinking of going to the fest again, as I didn't like the format that much...

But hell, next year's line up already has 2 of my favorite new bands! yay! :)

Pure reason Revolution
Indukti!

I am there for sure! :)

Yeah, those two bands have me pretty much convinced that we'll go next year. Still need to see the rest of the lineup, though. They already have one Italian band booked, which usually means "food time" for us...

dt

Meteornotes said:
Yeah, those two bands have me pretty much convinced that we'll go next year. Still need to see the rest of the lineup, though. They already have one Italian band booked, which usually means "food time" for us...

dt

Ditto for me and Beth. NEARfest is often too "tame" for my tastes. Tasteful music, yes. Extremely well played, without a doubt. But not as adrenaline-pumping as, say, Evergrey, Jorn, Epica, Mercenary...

But two of the three bands announced for 2007 (Pure Reason Revolution and Indukti) are extraordinary. If the line-up continues to build on that caliber of talent I'm afraid we'll have to book flights to PA for next June.

Bill

We already had a thread about nearfest, Lucas!! haha
But it's ok =P

I would just go to Nearfest for Indukti and then leave.. that would be good. I hope they don't announce any good bands besides that! I don't want to stay there for the weekend.... lol it's TOO boring!

IceQueen_ said:
We already had a thread about nearfest, Lucas!! haha
But it's ok =P

I would just go to Nearfest for Indukti and then leave.. that would be good. I hope they don't announce any good bands besides that! I don't want to stay there for the weekend.... lol it's TOO boring!

LOL I hear you!

Are you familiar with Pure Reason Revolution?? I think both you and beto would love them! Great, great band! I am really surprised they are playing the fest, as they don't fit the bill that well...

Meteornotes said:

dt

And that's the problem with nearfest! There is too much "food time"! LOL With 1:30 breaks I don't need an extra break!! It is really excrutiating when there is a band you don't like.. 1:30 of break, 1:30 of sucky music, 1:30 of break... That's 4 and half hours!!!

They really should think about that....

At this or other festivals, if there's going to be a long gap of time because of a band we don't like, we'll head back to the hotel or go explore the local area or something. I always figure that not every band at a festival is going to be something I'll enjoy (though I think I've only skipped two PP bands over the years), so I don't really worry about it.

Without festivals like PP, Nearfest and RoSFest, there would be a TON of bands that I would never, ever get to see here in the US. For that alone, I'll continue to buy my sponsor/patron tickets, be very thankful for the effort of the folks that put on these shows and occasionally deal with a band I'm not into for the large number of bands I will enjoy, or at least try.

dt