Nechochwen - Neo-Folk from the back woods of Virginia

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
I came stumbling upon this act while perusing Dark Horizons website. Absolutely stunning neo-folk with a very feral vibe. The artist behind the music is of Native-American ancestry, and it's quite obvious that his roots are the catalyst behind this creation. Though, only subtle traces of this can be heard, primarily through chants. The main body of the work is comprised of trudging electric guitar harmonies interspersed with sullen keys and acoustic passages that takes the form of rainfall on the soul. This is perfect campfire music for a time long past, when buffalo roamed free, and the stars were unimpeded by city lights. Fans of Nest, October Falls, Altar Shadows, and Tenhi take note.

http://www.myspace.com/nechochwenstronghold

Yes, this is excellent stuff. The first two tracks especially, the latter portion of the second track is quite stunning. Nest definitely comes to mind when listening. The chants are well done, and the guitar is quite varied in places. See the song on his demo 'at night where i roam' for some good guitar play. I'll definitely be getting this when it becomes available.

I hope this recommendation does not get buried in obscurity like so many of the others in this forum. This should be heard!! :Shedevil:

Couple of new songs up.

Edit: Charnel House is quite the interesting song.

Yeah, so the new album has electric guitars and drums... expect heavy parts.

Yea, also expect awesome. The acoustics are amazing again on this one, and the heavier parts are integrated well. Some rocking metul parts are also sprinkled nicely. :loco: Definitely one of the better albums i heard so far this year