Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
WOY4red.jpg

bonustray.jpg

NECRAMYTHPhoto2.jpg

WOYCD2b.jpg

You can FINALLY listen to the new NECRAMYTH album "Slaughter of the Seoul" at: www.myspace.com/necramyth

This is "Brutal Pagan Thrash Metal from Seoul, South Korea" with me on drums!

10 tracks of chaotic Asian-Metal, powered by Canadian black metal blastbeats! Available on CD soon! Details to follow shortly!

Enjoy! \nmyth/

David Gold :kickass:

This is bloody fantastic! Definitely going to have to get my hands on this. Something tells me I've seen that album background before though :p

This is bloody fantastic! Definitely going to have to get my hands on this. Something tells me I've seen that album background before though

Both albums, WOODS OF YPRES - W4: "The GREEN Album" and NECRAMYTH - "Slaughter of the Seoul" are connected in many ways, as they are two sides of the same story really. The former is introspective refection of the experiences while living the latter, in real time. To me, "Slaughter of the Seoul" is expressive of how I felt then (the chaos, the near insanity, the moral rejection and personal rebellion, the the stamina and endurance, the denial that manifests itself in physical pain which inspired the audio violence a la relentless blastbeats, etc...), and W4 sounds like how I feel now about it all (the cool, smooth Spring-time DOOM, existing in a low and considerably quieter, confident, accepting calm). Something like that...

More news about this, soon!

DG - \w/

Both albums, WOODS OF YPRES - W4: "The GREEN Album" and NECRAMYTH - "Slaughter of the Seoul" are connected in many ways, as they are two sides of the same story really. The former is introspective refection of the experiences while living the latter, in real time. To me, "Slaughter of the Seoul" is expressive of how I felt then (the chaos, the near insanity, the moral rejection and personal rebellion, the the stamina and endurance, the denial that manifests itself in physical pain which inspired the audio violence a la relentless blastbeats, etc...), and W4 sounds like how I feel now about it all (the cool, smooth Spring-time DOOM, existing in a low and considerably quieter, confident, accepting calm). Something like that...

DG - w/

Ohhh, excellent! I DO love the design, the little Canadian flag/leaf on there is cool (and I'm sure how you felt when you first arrived). Any idea if you'll have some copies available for order? I think I'm gonna hit up my second time through this today... :kickass:

ESL is a tough mistress :kickass: The second Woods album kept me going in Daegu.

DG - w/

Fucking hell, listening to this again, so damn good. Reminds me a bit of Catamenia at times, but way better, and Catamenia are awesome. I love the vocal variety as well. Production is fantastic. Overall this whole thing is epic win. Let us know when we can start ordering!

Those songs are awesome. I hope this turns out to be the bonus disc on Woods 4, as I liked these alot more than the new Woods songs. Regardless, I want to buy this. Great drumming!

1.5 years later, I'm finally making the time organize my Korea / NECRAMYTH videos, soon to be edited, cut up, and pasted together in hopes of creating an indy-documentary style compilation from 100's of various hand-filmed vidcam clips that, as a whole, will be both entertaining and comprehensive of the Seoul, Korea Metal experience.

Here's a sample, from very early in the story:

Thanks and please spread the word! :kickass:

DG - \w/

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like that drumming stuff. It is amazing how good some people are. Now I know again why I stopped playing the drums years ago.

But I'll start again... hargh hargh hargh

...also to teach my son some stuff.